1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 1/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are mediocre at the end of games. They literally hope the other team misses and hope they score... A 50/50 proposition.

Teams like the Spurs and Heat defend final possessions and then ISO their stars. The Rockets cannot even do that. Some of it that the Rockets as a team do not have the kind of familiarity with each other that the Spurs, Heat, Pacers and Thunder do.

Also, the Rockets need a point guard, a legitimate quality starting point guard. Beverly is great for a rotational top guy off the bench, but games like tonight show why he isn't a real starter. He gets heavy minutes because we have no better alternatives.

The Rockets are a work in progress, and we win this game by 5 if Monistat Asik plays, but it is still frustrating.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This coaches never take blame. Always pointing fingers. It starts with Morey coaching from under the stairs so I see why Mchale doesnt take blame.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

indeed..its so annoying that the only things they take out of this game, are Bev's performance and the 3pt missing name thing...

It was an ugly loss with
    -Parsons playing like an all-star
    -Harden shooting horribly but played a really nice game on offense despite that with 13 assists and 1 to (at least he didn't force it while his shot was off)
    -Bev had an ugly offensive game but was very active on the defensive side and got absolutely no love from the refs
    -Howard had a really neutral game with no real presence imo and also got manhandled on the boards by Zbo in the most critical situations (Oreb for Zbo after a ft...REALLY DWIGHT??!)
    -Jones was too quiet and couldn't make an impact
    -Lin had a neutral game as well if you look at the stats but had some really boneheaded plays earlier on, then somewhat adjusted and got better but it wasn't enough
    -Dmo had some moments but missed too many oppurtunities inside the paint
    -Casspi had a bad shooting night like most of the rockets.
    -McHale once again showed, that he is not capable of handling close in-game situations.

For the team i wished, that they focus on boxing out and setting good reliable screens. Just improve on those two things and you would win many of those close games.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lee and Bass for Asik doesn't really look that bad now, doesn't it? It gives Harden a more than competent 2 and a jump shooting PF.

5. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

I am not blaming Bev, I am blaming Mcfail, Bev is a defense and energy guy, he's not a scorer, Mcfail should put Casspi in there instead of Bev.

6. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

That just shows that McHale is not good at drawing plays at late game situations. You need 1 point and you ran a pnr play so you CAN draw two defenders to the ball handler. I have no idea which team he was helping :rolleyes:

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I totally agree. Harden has a knack for hitting the contested shots and has great ability to drive and pick up a foul. Mchale seems to go only with the "hot hand". Frequently this is the wrong strategy.

8. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

I think the only thing both fans and haters agree is that
    Lin should get traded as soon as possible.

1 person likes this.
  9. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

He can keep starting. But why was he finishing today when he cannot hit a single shot?

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Truth to say, Bev or Lin are not gonna cut it as starters on championship contenders.

That's why Morey is looking for a PF and PG. But we need to have takers for Asik/Lin or Asik/DMo or Asik/TJones.

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

McHale can't do coach's job, he should return to front office

1 person likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

How about this.... Neither Lin nor Beverly are NBA starting caliber players. Beverly should be a super sub on the Rockets backing up a real point guard and Lin should be buried at the end of a deep bench.

13. Cranberry_Juice

I am not a parrot. The numbers are clear. Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin.

14. garfangle

garfangle Member

he crush pb

15. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

Man this Lin fans are annoying as **** man. Every ****ing game i gotta read 15 pages Lin vs Beverly. Excuses for Lin, Lin this, Lin that man. THIS IS A ROCKETS BOARD, not a single player board man.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I'd rather have Lin play for another team and have him run point instead of coming off the bench. He can play its just that hes not getting any playing time

17. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Wouldn't mind trading for Rubio.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Sometimes teams aren't able to run the play that is drawn up, because the opposing team plays good defense. Ever think of that?

19. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

you can't even interpret the number given. and they omitted some very important stats like FG% Assists per game, PER. The fact that you can 't interpret the article means that you are a parrot. unless you would like to enlighten me

20. calcium

calcium Member

I reckon there is argument for us getting another SG and let JHarden play PG.

He had 12 asts tonight!!! No wait. 13!
    13 assists.

I think Lin or PB would make a poor SG.