1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac on Living in Houston and time w/ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Jan 23, 2014.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

do you not like winning 22 games in a row? :confused: you must be a pretty new rockets fan.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I like winning 22 games in a row, but I like winning in the playoffs much, MUCH more. I am also not dumb enough like you to think that T-Mac was the one responsible for those 22 wins. Heck, he didn't even play in all 22 games so how could he lead a 22 game streak? Our PLAYERS got that streak for us. They played out of their minds. It was not T-Mac, but a REAL TEAM EFFORT. T-Mac is a loser who quit on the team. THE END!

Don't even try to talk to me about being a fan. I am a legit Rockets fan. You, I have major suspicions about. Like any REAL Rockets fan, I would give up that win streak in a heart beat if it meant playoffs success. A win streak means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things to me.

2 people like this.
  3. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

tmac was a great but flawed player. so were the rockets during his time with the Yao injuries, Ryan Bowen at starting power forward in the Mavs series (SMH), and the subpar, can't shoot supporting cast.

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It is not just the Rockets. He has failed every team he tried to be the franchise player for. This is not just a guy who burned bridges with Houston. He burned bridges in Toronto and Orlando as well. Heck, the BULLS passed him up for Bogans after all the things he was saying. There has NEVER, EVER been a player with as much talent that has accomplished less. T-Mac truly stands alone in that regard I suppose.

One of the biggest issues I have with T-Mac is he wants to be paid and treated like a franchise guy. He wanted all the money, attention, and glory. At the same time, he wanted none of the responsibilities and leadership role such a distinction comes with. He basically wanted to coast while pretending to be a franchise player.

1 person likes this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

please watch this video and educate yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86OLi9i7j1c

"but with houston threatening to win the west without yao, mcgrady looks as worthy of mvp consideration as anybody!"

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

burned bridges? then why was he voted as a member of the rockets all-decade team of the 2000s? why does leslie alexander pick t-mac to sit courtside at rockets games?

it's clear the city of houston and true rockets fans respect t-mac for his greatness and recognize all he has done for our organization.

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

Unbelievable how obsessed some here are with bashing T-Mac after all these years. The fact is T-Mac gave Houstonians something to be excited about for years, even if injuries shut him down and things ended sourly. Tinman, in your misguided crusade as self-anointed Rockets historian to expunge and defender against "quitters", you continually turn a blind eye to the obviously incredible things T-Mac did while a Rocket for the - sure none of it translated to postseason success, but why let it tarnish the great memories he gave us? Just appreciate the good and stop dwelling on the bad - you'll be a happier person.

You don't need to keep trying to educate people on why you dislike T-Mac - we get it. Here's some food for thought - I bet you talk to any current and former Rockets greats, you'll probably find that they all appreciate T-Mac's game and his time as a Rocket, and you probably won't find any that agrees with your denouncement of all things T-Mac. Shouldn't that tell you something? Whether you like it or not, T-Mac's time in Houston will always be a part of Rockets history, and most people will remember that time fondly.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Let me educate an idiot like you...

1. How many 2nd round appearances has your precious T-Mac lead my beloved Rockets to? ZERO

2. Who were all smiles during the interview when for the first time in forever, we made it past the first round? YAO AND ARTEST

3. Who was not playing when we did make it past the first round? T-Mac

4. Who has burned bridges with EVERY TEAM he was a star for? T-Mac

5. Who has NEVER, EVER led his team past the first round? T-Mac

Do I need to go on, or is this finally simple enough for a fool like you to comprehend?

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

1. Did T-Mac get booed when he returned to Houston in a different jersey? Yes
    2. Did T-Mac get booed when he returned to Toronto and Orland? Yes

Sounds like bridges got burned to me. Was T-Mac talented? Yes! That does NOT change the fact that the guy was a chump, a loser who gave up on the team. That will never, EVER be OK with me.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Actually I am done with you swyyyguy. I should have realized when you started that r****ded thread about starting Brooks, but decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. To my ignore list you go and not a tear was shed!

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they didn't come close to winning the west

mcgrady was never a mvp.

12. The Veeg

The Veeg Contributing Member

Who is comparing Hakeem to Tmac? The only thing I said was that Tmac was the most exciting player to watch during his heyday since Hakeem. I just love someone who takes a post completely out of context.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

guys, let's stop getting off topic like chenjy9 and let us get back to discussing how grateful we are for tracy mcgrady.

14. dookiester

dookiester Member

i hear ya bro, but what does "playoffs success" mean in the grand scheme of things? News flash: none of it matters in the grand scheme of things. The Rockets are never going to win as many championships as the Celtics - guess we should all just stop watching the NBA? People acting like winning a championship is some kind of life-altering event - it's just the carrot at the end of the stick that your team chases each year. Once someone wins in one year, you move on. Nobody cares who won the year before except the team who won it - so despite whatever bragging rights you desperately hope a Rockets championship will entitle you to, nobody else cares and the reality is it has just about 0 impact on your life. Do you still bring up the 94-95 championships like it's the greatest accomplishment in your life?

I'll appreciate and enjoy achievements in whatever form they come - championships are nice, 22 win streaks are pretty nice too. Also, what "playoffs success" would have been a good trade for you - a 2nd round appearance? A semifinals appearance? Do people actually take more pride in being able to say 'man the Rockets made it to the 2nd round in 2008!" than "man the Rockets are only the 3rd team in NBA history to have won 22 games in a row - and they were missing their best player half the time!" Enjoy sports for the ride - if the only way you measure your happiness with a team is the number of championships they have, then you've already lost because the Rockets are never going to have the most championships.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm glad he's a Houstonian.

I'm sure he was thinking of the Rockets fans when he built his house...
    BRICK by BRICK

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

To put it simply, I would rather:

1. See us make it past the first round than win 22 games
    2. See us make it past the 2nd round than win 22 games
    3. See us make it past the WCF than win 22 games
    4. See us make it to the Finals than win 22 games
    5. See us WIN the Finals than win 22 games

I also don't care if another team has won more championships than the Rockets. I just want the Rockets to win another one and barring that, just win in general. Hope this helps!

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol, no one said they would rather win 22 games in a row than win the championship.

the fact of the matter is winning 22 games in a row is an amazing achievement and t-mac led us to that achievement. can you just be a rockets fan and appreciate that great positive memory?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Fixed.

[​IMG]

19. Lovemachine2000

swyyyguy just got owned!!!

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

grateful for what, he didn't really bring us anything other than first round exits

I mean it was kinda fun watching him play, but it was mostly disappointments + injuries in those few years.