1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Celtics] Jeff Green on the trading block now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crimmy88, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Green would be a nice addition to the team, but his contract is one year too long for Morey. I would be shocked to see this happen.

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

No happening, Green has that dreaded player option at $9.2 million dollars in 2015. Plus he isnt worth it.

Much rather have Bass and their pick.

3. treeman

treeman Member

As tempting as it is to sell Asik for anything more than a bag of peanuts at this point, I'd tend to agree with this. Just doesn't seem like a good use of that $$/asset (which at this point is all that Asik is, he's certainly not a player at this point). It's also tempting given our backup options at PF/SF right now, but... Pass. I'd rather run with what we've got and look for another deal.

Of course, there's now a hope that that Morey can find a better fit for Green in a multiteam deal that gets us something for Asik... So there is that. ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Nope

Well, yes.

------------------------

I just wish the true and complete story on Asik was known and verified.

5. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Green went off tonight. I know many dont know since they only watch rockets games. Green can HOOP and would be a very nice addition to our team. He is better than T jones for the fools who say he isn't and arguably better than parsons.

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Agree,we should get him before it is too late

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Better than tjones? Sure. But tjones is on a much better contract and plays bigger so I would take green but not over jones.

Better than parsons? Maybe if you're on a team like Boston but chandler fits in at sf with this team way better then wherever we'd put green.

8. Classic

Classic Member

With his contract, just don't believe Morey would pull the trigger on that trade unless we got Rondo somehow.

9. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I'm taking green over jones in any scenario, thats all I have to say about that...

Green is the go to player on the celtics that is something parsons can't do. If green came to the rockets as a third option he would thrive more than parsons in that role. Also the way we play it inflates stats and parsons are slightly inflated due to the style of offense we run. We're trying to build a contender so you have to pay to win and I dont think 9.5 million is an outrageous #.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Dude. I don't know the exact stats but I'm sure parsons fg% is way better than greens. Green would have to be way more efficient if he wants to be an effective third scorer on this team.

1 person likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe this to be true. Green brings very little additional advantage to us. I don't think Casspi would be better than him on the Celtics though.

#51 saleem, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Only one person coming from Boston would start on this team and that is Rondo. Anybody else would come off the bench.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Sullinger and Bradley would start.

I guess Rondo would start but that's not because he deserves to start right now. It will probably take a year before he's 100%.

Jeff Green is good enough to start on this team and maybe that's what McHale would do. But I'd probably use him as the 6th man off the bench. He's more of a wing, his skillset overlaps with Harden and Parsons.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He would be much more efficient, he plays a much bigger role on the Celtics than he probably should. He gets more defensive attention.

But third scorer and replace Parsons, I don't think so.

He would help this team a lot, though. Harden/Parsons/Green sounds like an amazing wing rotation, plus they can play some minutes together.

15. jocar

jocar Member

(Per 36)

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dcasspom01%26y1%3D2013%26p2%3Dcasspom01%26y2%3D2013&div=div_per_minute"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dgreenje02%26y1%3D2013%26p2%3Dgreenje02%26y2%3D2013&div=div_per_minute"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dcasspom01%26y1%3D2013%26p2%3Dcasspom01%26y2%3D2013&div=div_advanced"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dcasspom01%26y1%3D2013%26p2%3Dgreenje02%26y2%3D2013&div=div_advanced"></script>

I'd rather acquire some picks to package in soon-to-be-FA offers.

16. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Don't think Morey would take on a contract with more than 2 years left on it, unless it's an all star.

17. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I cant believe Jeff Green and Casspi are being compared lol..lawd have mercy

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I mean... I want to come here and talk basketball. But, what's the point when people do things like that? Lol... Guess it's back to the Texans forum and the Hangout.

19. drc3906

drc3906 Member

I think most people will greatly disagree with you on Jones not being an ideal fit for this team, especially the Rocket's staff and management. Jones doesn't have to be a consistent 3 point shooter to be effective for this team at the four. He just has to be somewhat of a threat at the 3 point line, say 30 percent, and be able to spread the floor, which he does. He has been awesome for this team and I can tell it will take allot for management to trade him because they really rather not.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Isn't it sad. LOL.

Stuff like this is comical.