1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Yes, because the Lakers with Kobe, Nash, Howard, and Gasol won the 2013 NBA championship. Yes you cannot only predict the past, but the past and future mixed in with the present. LOL

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

oh comon tinmac, you know what you were doing there. your posts have just been downright weird recently, and that's saying a lot for you.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This is why I think bringing him off the bench is beneficial to him and the team. He gets to be that first option on a relatively mediocre bench (Casspi, Dmo, Garcia, Brooks etc.). He has the potential to greatly increase the bench production but for whatever reason, he isn't being as aggressive as he needs to and hopefully, he gets out of his slump soon

1 person likes this.
  4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Or he's at the game doing interviews with Jeremy Lin in the locker room.

5. NotChandlerParsons

I said prime Steve Nash champ. Lin couldn't even hold his jockstrap.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Lin fans vs. Rockets fans.

For the record there is a difference between becoming a Rockets fans because of a player and following a player from team to team.

7. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I'm confused. Who the heck drinks tapioca? It's that thing in pudding, right? Maybe I need to do some Googling.

8. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Why would I care? Unless you're playing basketball on the NBA court, I don't ever want to see you.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I came here to root for the Rockets. Then I met the Tinman. It's hard to root for the Rockets, when the first fan you meet is Tinman.

11. alexhu01

alexhu01 Member

Clutch, you need start a religion. so many ass-licking so-called Rocket fans. They think you are a GOD! LOL...

12. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Everyone drinks tapioca.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

btw this is just idiotic. lots of cultures eat watermelon and fried chicken, but fuzzy zoeller wasn't even dumb enough to try that excuse.

14. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Shoulda stopped while you were ahead. Perspire does rhyme with aspire, so you're elementary school poetry teacher would be impressed.

15. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

I became a fan because they were on TV when I watched my first basketball game back in '03.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yes, I've shot baskets on the Toyota center floor.

Hanging out with Jeremy Lin. Hanging out with Jeremy Lin.

Nanner nanner nanners.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah I completely agree. I just flat out disagree with Vlaurelio's assumption that Lin's breakout was a mere fluke, Lin has played what, 15-20 games without a Carmelo Anthony/James Harden and performed well, albeit with the weaknesses, turnovers etc.

Now if Clutch's article which uses 14 to 17 games worth of performance to justify Beverley starting, thats fine and I agree with the current setup, but to sit here and say that is sufficient statistical evidence and then discount Lin's 15-20 games as a number one option as a fluke is frankly the height of hypocrisy irrespective of how people view his fans.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You are talking out of your ass. Harden, Howard and Parsons are better than Lin. The offense is perfect for Jeremy Lin lol, run and gun. PnR, read and react.

You don't care about being a successful team, you would rather Lin be on a sub-par .500 team where he is the sole guy.

Lin should be traded for 1 reason, so irritating fans like you can buzz off.

1 person likes this.
  19. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

And Tinman would be St. Peter.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If everyone, you mean Asian people.

For the record, I don't drink it.