1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is your most hated Rocket that NEVER played?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MadMaxwell, Jan 22, 2014.

?

Who is your most hated Rocket that NEVER played for us?

1. Derek Fisher

233 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. Royce White

95 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Derek Fisher is not only a scumbag on the court, he's absolutely a disgusting human being completely devoid of moral character.

1) He used his daughter's eye cancer to advance his career. He asked to be released from the Jazz and signed with LA saying he needs the LA medical facilities to treat his daughter's cancer while in fact, the best hospital for his daughter's cancer happened to be located in Salt Lake City and she actually ended up getting treated in NYC. Let me repeat that - HE USED HIS DAUGHTER'S CANCER TO ADVANCE HIS CAREER.

2) He pulled something similar against Mark Cuban last year, asking to be released from the Mavs so he can watch his kids grow up and a few months later signed with the Thunder. This made Cuban sarcastically say "From the time Derek was here to his signing with OKC (a few months), his kids are older, they can deal with things better. So I understand him having more comfort in being away from them.

He and Karl Malone (scumbag who got a 13 year old pregnant while in college and refused to do anything with the kid) are 1a and 1b NBA villains in my book.

Here's a link that summarizes what a piece of **** Fisher is.

#41 kevC, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Yes he was. He was traded here and then semi retired so he didn't have to play for us and then went to OKC.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Royce. I refuse to consider Fisher a Rocket.

4. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

who is Royce white?

5. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Royce White - wasted a 1st on him, had to trade away Aldemir & Cash to get rid of him. Receved a 2nd rounder we'll never actually receive.

Derek Fisher - cost us Jordan Hill (no biggie), netted us the Dallas 1st rounder that helped us get Harden. Had to buy him out for less than $1m.

So to summarize it, they cost/netted us:

Royce - Cost: 1st round pick, Aldemire, Cash Net: nada
    Fisher - Cost: Jordan Hill, Cash Net: 1st rounder (traded in Harden deal)

Based on this, I'm giving the edge to Royce.

6. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I have no feelings about Royce White. Fischer? - I admired him as a young player, detested him after the head butt. Also didn't like the way he acted like the Rockets weren't worth playing for, even though his game was gone.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Royce was a headcase with a mental illness.

Fisher straight up disrespected us.

8. NotChandlerParsons

Royce White probably. We paid Derek Fisher exactly $0 to bugger off which is pretty awesome.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Ehhhhhhh, I'll have to say Royce White.

Had a big body like Lebron, saw some of his college games. Really thought he was going to be something here in Houston. Turned out was a bust, a big ass bust.

10. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Beat me to it...

This... Hands down...

Never really played with our team, he thought he was going to come in and everyone conform to him:rolleyes:. When he should have been taking a more Robert Horry approach.

11. TheJet

TheJet Member

I heard stories about stuff like that but I never knew if they were true or not. I detest him as a player due to his act with the Jazz/Lakers/Thunder but if he's really that big of a stain as a human being it clinches the deal.

Fisher.

Might as well put Isaiah Thomas on the Bulls with MJ.

12. smr6

smr6 Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It truly takes someone special to have Rockets, Jazz, and Mavs fans all come together over their hatred of said person.

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I don't blame Royce White for choosing to make a statement with his mental illness stance. However I think he should taken different steps to getting positive results. When he decided to go public with it, he already signed his ticket out of Houston.

I don't like Fisher when he was with the Jazz/Lakers but fortunately I don't consider him a Rocket because he was NEVER going to play a single minute with our team. He was just contract we needed to buyout in order to save money and obtain a draft pick (if I remember correctly).

I only voted Fisher because he's probably a big reason why the NBA needed to change the rules on flopping.

14. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Houston hates Derek Fisher

15. omgTHEpotential

I wouldn't say 'A LOT'. These are basically the only guys who went after him and had solid contributions for their team to this day.

20 Evan Fournier
    21 Jared Sullinger
    25 Tony Wroten
    26 Miles Plumlee

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

well at least we got some value when we accurried fisher then traded him. We lost value when we traded Royce.

17. hlcc

hlcc Member

Exactly. The team ended up getting a pick through the Fisher acquisition, while on the other hand the team basically lost a pick with Royce White.

18. HtownSportsFan

I say Fisher b/c he was acting very unprofessional to say the least.

19. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I have the opposite reaction. Hands down, it's Fisher.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm getting the feeling that some of you guys are new here. Royce White made me mad, but I never had expectations for him to begin with. No more anger than Mirsad Turkan.

Derek Fisher is a complete piece of garbage, on the court and off. The thing that pisses me off the most is how respectable he is viewed. He is a player who backstabbed Billy Hunter, used his kids as an excuse to move to a better team twice, and has taken numerous cheap shots throughout his career under the guise of "toughness".

There no player I want to genuinely see something bad happen to except Derek Fisher.