1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. The Veeg

The Veeg Contributing Member

Someone shoot me.... I actually tried to debate Chris Baldwin on the idea that Jeremy Lin is not the third best player on the team. That may be the worst idea I've had in years. That place is alive with idiots following an idiot pied piper. Jesus Christ! Can nobody have a rational debate anymore? I don't post on here much but I feel like I'm getting invaded by the irrational police and they are trying to find a way to discount stats, the eye test, and reality. What is this world coming to?

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

So we agree, yet this r****d is trying to pick a fight where there isn't one.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If you are saying I am trying to pick a fight with you, I respectively disagree. If you are talking about that other guy, then yes I agree with you.

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

You have 48 posts yet it seems like 50% of them have been this same post spammed over and over again. Why don't you just flag them and not reply. You are not adding anything to the topic; all you are doing is quoting them and showing their message again.

Back on topic: great read Clutch, it's good to show actual stats that prove what most of us think here. There is nothing wrong with Lin being the 6th man, people need I relax and just accept the fact that it's best for the team.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Definately talking about the other guy haha.

6. Nook

Nook Member

You shouldn't let the fact he isn't starting keep you from being inspired. Lin is still a very good NBA player that has overcome obstacles just to get to the NBA. Clutch isnt saying Lin sucks or is a bad guy, just that Beverly should start.

7. Exel

Exel Member

Which is weird because the Lin line performs really well in the 4th compared to the Beverley one. It's not about who starts but who finishes.

8. SunsRocketsfan

:grin:

Dude I've been a rockets fan even before 2002 .. Guess it wasn't obvious it was a joke and I was mocking the crazy Lin only fans by imitating them. :grin:

9. theangrycanary

Yeah this. I'm a Rockets fan.

And I'm a Lin fan, just cause I think its fun to watch a guy overcome odds or whatever.

I think Bev fits better with the starting lineup because basically he has better handles. Every time Lin dribbles into traffic my guts knot up because I'm afraid he's going to lose the ball or fling it for a turnover. And everyone once in awhile Lin does this thing where he puts his back to the defender, he sticks his arm straight out and dribbles the ball straight up and down. Not cool.

But... Lin is being paid like a superstar. So if you're going to invest that much money in a guy, you need to play him and TEACH HIM how to be better. Do whatever it takes.

So that's why I think everyone wanted Lin to start. The money. Dude is going to be one of the highest paid guys in the league next year. And if he comes off the bench this season, then next season he will not have improved.

So... if you're going to sit him on the bench. Trade him! Its too much money for the guy to sit on the bench.

So if they are in a win this year mode, then yeah, go with Bev, but you HAVE TO TRADE LIN.

End of story! Who's with me?

10. SunsRocketsfan

I actually invented a time machine. I'm a huge LOF who went back in time and joined in 02 so I can make outrageous Lin assertions and not be labeled a 12er LOF. Waited 12 years for this moment!!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. jason330i

jason330i Member

aww man, so you didn't hack your join date then...

:(

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andrew Bynum gets paid like a superstar too.

13. klkl96

klkl96 Member

If possible I think Rockets should just trade Lin for some expiring contract instead using him as a six man or whatever. $8 million is too much for a backup and Parsons will need big money soon. Because of his contract, it's difficult to get any valued asset back but Rockets signed him from free market anyway. If Rockets don't do it now, there might be no chance due to his $15 million contract for the last year.

14. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

well a random blog post article means its fact...lol

Fact is the rockets need both of them cause they both young and inconsistent like everyone on the rockets team except for DH

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lin is more of a 2 guard.

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Or you were a Yao Only Fan who decided to come back when Lin joined the team:p

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Haha. People really do get fired about this, when it is soooo not arguably who should be starting.

Clutch addressed everything that needs to be addressed in the article. There just is no case for Lin starting, even if you think he's better than Beverley in a vacuum.

18. SunsRocketsfan

Sorry to disappoint you..
    But I am actually a huge Lin fan and hope he does well. I truly believed he should be the starting pg since I think overall he's the better player and has more potential than bev. But it does look like with the current roster and system we have that Bev is the better fit. Lin is definitely the more talented player though his game is just too similar to Hardens unfortunately.

I believe Lin will bolt the rockets after next year and try to land a starting Pg role somewhere.

19. SunsRocketsfan

Did Yao get here in 02? I can't even remember

Nah I was a huge Charles Barkley only fan :) followed him from the suns to the rockets hence my screen name.

20. treeman

treeman Member

This was a long overdue article pointing out a mathematical truth. Too bad it will just result in a ridiculous argument that will inevitably have racial overtones.

I really like Lin. As a player, he has a place on this team - I think he's an ideal fit as a 6th man, and I think the team could see alot of success with him in that role if we could resolve the Asik situation and get another piece to the puzzle that way. I am not even bothered by his salary as I think for now it's acceptable for what he can do for the team. And I get the impression that Lin himself is humble enough and wise enough to do that. But his fans... His fans will not abide by it, and that's both pathetic and stupid.

Unfortunately both this post and this thread will just become another casualty in the endless "LOF vs Everybody Else" wars, and will fade into obscurity with no lessons learned. Too bad, but that's the nature of the forum and this particular fanbase, I guess.