1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin on a Short Leash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Jan 19, 2014.

1. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Does noone understand this was just humour into the "short-leash" phrase being all over the board, and not bashing Lin or McHale. Also not even remotely racist to the couple people that insinuated that...

2. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

If ur new to a community and with one reputation. You can't just go 'tf is this dude talking about' like ur some big dick.

2 people like this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

To state the obvious. That it's not funny but I wouldn't expect for you to realize it.

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I either agree with this or disagree in the strongest possible terms.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think Rockets fans really care about Lin either way frankly but the way some of the crazies go on about Lin it's definitely made Lin a convenient whipping boy. The crazies trash so many other players as well as our head coach in propping up Lin that I know it's pissed me off.

1 person likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Stop talking nonsense.

The most recent example. The Bucks game had only about 30 pages and that is with Lin playing.

Now let me tell you why it only had 30 pages - because Lin had a stinker of a game and the player only fans went hiding. Rest of us Rockets fans did not care much because at the end of the day the Rockets won and that is all that matters. Not how many points or how many minutes a specific player got.

3 people like this.
  7. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

i would not know if they are or not rocket fans. I'd like to see pictures of their gear or game tickets if they were true rockets fans. i'd like to see their knowledge of rockets history. i'm not a huge rocket fan but i do root for their success. it is ashame what is happening with Lin, but life goes on. it would have been nice to see Lin get 35 minutes a game and see what he's capable of.

8. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

With all the Lin hate (there is more of it than the blindness Lin love) and Lin's good Guy attitude, I root for the kid more and more every day. If he is traded, he will still get my support and I will still be a hard core Rockets fan.

9. Dementium

Dementium Member

It had 30 pages because its the freaking Bucks. That and Clutch purged the forum of some of the more inflammatory posters a few days before.

But yeah I am sure most Lin fans are tired of the flame baiting and have moved on. Not exactly a very positive or healthy place to be in if Lin isn't playing well (and even if he is playing well).

10. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I think Lin is toast here...... Bevs is developing as an every-night starter, and some might make the case that AB should be the backup.......

I just hope wherever Lin ends up, he too will develop as a player.

11. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Whether Lin plays good or bad there will be flame baiters from veterans and new join trolls. A lot of lin supporters are aware of his short-comings, and any discussion about Lin results in being called a blind LOF when there really hasn't been any one propping Lin to be the next Michael Jordan. Just people trying to discuss. That being said, I've posted several times on this board how we should be happy to have Bev, Lin and AB on the roster.

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I think making it a Lin-only factor is being short-sighted, as to what our problems are.

It's really a Kevin McHale thing, not Jeremy. The coaching situation needs to be addressed.

13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

We are 28-15... Addressed by praising the coaching staff? Just beat the #1 power ranked team by 13. I wasn't originally a fan of bringing in Mchale but they also built a nice staff around him too who are obviously contributing mightily. To achieve a truly new direction as you seem to wish for you would need to can the entire lot of them. It would seem foolish to roll the dice that way at this point.

14. jocar

jocar Member

15. figment

figment Member

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You think it is bad here...just go to the Lin forums...One night they were actively wishing that Harden would tear his ACL/MCL or just get hurt for the rest of the season...

These guys crossover to here, they mention CFs enough that some of them are here but a lot less subtle than openly trashing the organization, wishing players get hurt, etc etc...

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it's actually pretty disgusting the way they post and the agenda they have. Notice how all of them disappeared tonight because Beverley definitively did better as a starter and gave us a great win. They probably aren't too happy about it.

just wait til Beverley has a bad game and we lose, they will crawl out of the wood works again and bump every thread about jeremy lin and shetpost to no eternity.

18. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Why are we so obsessed with the crazies? There are always trolls and crazies on internet. Just ignore them.

19. Dementium

Dementium Member

Lol. The same thing happens in reverse when Lin has a bad game. You just notice the Bev criticism more because you dislike LOFs.

Both sides are just as bad.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't know just how short of a leash Lin has compared to other role players, but hopefully it is long enough for his fans to hang themselves.

2 people like this.