1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey needs to take some blame for these losses.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pst257, Jan 17, 2014.

1. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

In all fairness to the Rockets, they were in a dogfight last night in New Oleans. Not one time did any of the TNT crew mention that the Rockets are without their starting point guard and their solid back-up center and also had to travel from New Oleans and got in late last night. The Rockets are all playing short handed and are playing too many minutes. The guys were just simply tired and ran out of gas. Its just that simple. Morey needs to make a move asap. They are only using eight guys in the rotation with no true back-up center and no real back-up two guard. Jeremy is not a two, but have been playing the two all year and is getting beat up and worn down. The Rockets had this same problem in years past which resulted in Yao and TMac's career ending prematurely. Their stars need some help, or we're going to have the same results!

2 people like this.
  2. chocolatebear

chocolatebear Member

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sometimes you just lose.

No blame needed.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

i sometimes feel like we don't have enough players

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

come on man. they blew a 14 point lead and played like ****. tired of excuses. pelicans didn't have 3 of their players. Holliday. Ryan Anderson and someone else. what's your excuse that it went to the wire ?

6. Amir

Amir Member

tyreke evans?

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

How come this smart fat ass get any blame???hes just a GM not coach or players.

8. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

You're blaming the GM on something the coach decides on? It's up to Mchale to have a lineup that utilizes our starters to their fullest but also not overplaying them. You know how Morey landed our foundation pieces in Harden/Howard? By not making swift moves just for the sake of making moves. Trade deadline I guarantee Morey will make a move and improve our bench, but until then we have to roll with the punches and stay afloat playoff contention in the tough west.

9. Andrew Wiggins

The Thunder are who we though they were...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SWmQbk5h86w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

THe pelicans had 4 6'11" or taller guys that they played on 6'9" Howard and 6' 8" Jones plus two solid point guards and two real two guards. Houston's been playing short handed all year. That"s enough to wear anybody down.

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It is not only blame, it's to point out the team's problem

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I blame McHale for being a crap coach who can't make adjustments and I blame Morey for not trading Asik when he the chance for more depth.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey, it's time to move your ass to do something...

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

When we got Howard to sign a contract, we should trade Asik at once, but Morey hesitate , then it's not easy to trade Asik.
    Morey expects to get another star, but if the team has played so poor, I think D12 is the last allstar to come here

15. SugarLandDream8

Beverly is a scub.

He aint no starting PG. He's Mchale's puppy.

If I was HOFer Barkley and Shaq and 2 time champion Kenny the Jet Smith I wouldn't mention Bev either.

Blaming the lost on not having the scrub with a 12 Per, who can't get an asists and is so inconsistent with D is not something superstars like Charles and Shaq will bring up.

I'm ashamed my fellow Rockets fans would call Bev a starter. He's a 3rd sting PG at best. He is borderline 3rd string or doesn't belong in the league

16. SugarLandDream8

This team is full of young -20 somethings who were healthy all of last season.

What is happening this season is unexpected. No GM would predict a bunch of 20-something year old players would suddenly get injury prone and not just 1 or 2 players but many

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I think its fair to start pointing some blame Morey's way, first for the bad hire of McHale, and the Asik fiasco going on this year (should have moved him in off season when his value was higher).

18. SugarLandDream8

I like Morey. I'm a Morey homer. I thought Les wanted Mchale. If Morey is responsible for hiring Mchale then for that I agree since Mchale is the worst coach in the league in my opinion. At least in the bottom 3rd worst.

Asik I don't blame Morey that much since

1. Howard just came off back surgery. He needs Asik as an insurance policy

2. Howard is foul prone. He needs a solid backup

3. Morey did some analysis. Without Asik on the court, the Rockets D was very bad last year so he concluded when Howard is off the court the Rockets D will be bad this year so he wanted either Howard or Asik to play for all 48 minutes of the game.

Morey's plans were ruined when Asik refused to be a back up.

19. NateNate

NateNate Member

I tend to agree with you gentleman.

20. Andrew Wiggins

Whatever. He is a great spark plug off the bench. He is easily 2nd string/6th man material. You bring him in when you want to shut down the other teams guard penetration and want to push the tempo on your side. He can't do that for 40 minutes, but he will do his best. Cut him some slack.