1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is hard to root for

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jan 16, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Obviously not. I will never get the concept of finding my favorite team harder to root for. I may get frustrated or confused, but rooting is always a given.

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

Which to me, makes my point in this thread.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

To the OP, I feel you. I been a Rox fan since the 80s when I was a kid and this team is one of the more frustrating Rox teams I can remember. I'm at a loss for words in describing what just happened tonight. Like the TNT crew said, its kind of hard to replicate what the Rox did tonight in the second half after looking like world beaters in the first. This team is just maddening.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LMAO!

5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Fair weather fans lol...

but the truth is, we arent ready for the big boys yet. We need our players back or wheel and deal and get some vets here ready to play night in and night out.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Touche! That was a good one. :grin:

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If your point is that it is extremely stressful to be a Rockets fan due to how our players underperform, I would totally agree with you. However, finding the team harder to root for is a completely foreign concept to me.

8. NateNate

NateNate Member

OMG THANK YOU!! You get it. I don't know if the others that are so quick to come to the rescue with the same "find another team" etc. crap are totally missing the point or are just younger but compared to past Rockets teams my point is valid.

9. NateNate

NateNate Member

Compared to other Rocket teams, yes. Will i continue to root for them? you bet my amigo!

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You can assemble all the talent in the world... if there's no heart or effort then it aint gonna amount to crap in the end - just anther early exit... THAT is why the OP and others are so frustrated... Heart and effort simply take desire - these traits SHOULD be a given... add talent and you've got something special.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

04-05 all over again.

I hate to say it but its truly how I feel.

Best seats to an NBA game against portland, but lost all my excitement tonight.

12. NateNate

NateNate Member

You're an enlighten child. Are you the chosen one? or do you just posses common sense?

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Lowry on this team would've been perfect. He's the all out hustle, defender, shooter, etc etc this team needs in a player

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I understand "frustration", I don't understand "harder to root for". To me, it is never hard to root for my team. Frustration is a different story.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol at clutchfans. explodes like its the end of the world after we lose to good teams

16. NateNate

NateNate Member

Don't be so quick to look at the year that i joined this site to judge my loyalty. I joined a long time ago as Francisfan4l1f3 but that account was frozen or something and i was lurking FAR before even that...

I consider most here DIE HARDS. Sure there are a few (insert player)OF's but for the most part everyone here is ride or die, as i am. It surprises me how many are quick to come to the Rockets rescue no matter what. It's ok to criticize this team. It's ok to complain. I've even heard of other fans in other cities do it. It doesn't mean you're "off the bandwagon" or searching for a new team. I like to hold certain people accountable.

17. NateNate

NateNate Member

There are certain patterns i encourage you to try your hardest to try and identify. This is no knee jerk thread. Patterns. They're everywhere.

18. BleedRedNation

Good offensive game in the first half I loved every bit..but the second half the rockets played okc game. Slow and everything thru KD...we need a true point guard to lead this team.everyone and anyone is just wanting too score every chance they get the ball. Theres no discipline in this team. That's what it lacks.no heart at all. There minds are worried about what girl to get into and what club to get into tonight..they have no worries they get paid to play n worry bout parties n not bout the game..they lack it all.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

As long as you root for the Rockets and are a fan we are cool. Like I said, I understand frustration, I just don't understand finding the Rockets hard to root for.

20. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

In all fairness to the Rockets, they were in a dogfight last night in New Oleans. Not one time did any of the TNT crew mention that the Rockets are without their starting point guard and their solid back-up center and also had to travel from New Oleans and got in late last night. The Rockets are all playing short handed and are playing too many minutes. The guys were just simply tired and ran out of gas. Its just that simple. Morey needs to make a move asap. They are only using eight guys in the rotation with no true back-up center and no real back-up two guard. Jeremy is not a two, but have been playing the two all year and is getting beat up and worn down. The Rockets had this same problem in years past which resulted in Yao and TMac's career ending prematurely. Their stars need some help, or we're going to have the same results!