1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers vs. Spurs series predictions

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JBIIRockets, May 2, 2003.

1. coolpet

coolpet Member

If the series go to game 7, Lakers will win it. no team is better prepared for game 7 than the LAkers

2. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

Not the same Spurs as last year. Ginobili, SJackson, and Claxton all new. Parker with another season under his belt. The main problem for SA the last two seasons v LA has been the Spurs' perimeter O. SA can defend LA better than any other team in the L. This is going to be one very interesting series. Spurs in 6.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Hmm. Are you forgetting about Kobe Bryant? Unless Fox made some all-defensive teams that I forgot about.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you all see the half time show in the Dallas-Portland game yesterday? Pop and Duncan gave all the respect to the Lakers. And all Phil Jackson said was how the 4-0 regular season sweep didn't count because Shaq was injured. Have you ever heard Phil give any credit to the opponent? I guess this is part of his mind game thingy. But, man, this guy is full of himself.

James Worthy, on the other hand, gave a great X's and O's analysis on how the Spurs beat the Lakers (on local LA TV).

5. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Lakers will probably win in 6, but I really really really really hope the spurs will win it. I HATE the fuc**ng LAKERS!!!:mad:

6. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

If the Spurs can hold home court advantage and win their first two, we will have an interesting series. If the Lakers steal one or both, the pressure will prove to be too much for the Spurs supporting cast and they will probably choke.

I predict that the Lakers take one of the first two games and go on to win in 6.

Games | Winner
    1. Lakers
    2. Spurs
    3. Lakers
    4. Lakers
    5. Spurs
    6. Lakers

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lakers in 6. Los Angeles runs playoff record v. SA in last three years to 12-3; Spurs apologists will claim that spurs came "that close" to winning title again like they did in last year's 4-1 narrow defeat.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Spurs in 6.

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

10. min

min Member

Lakers in 5...

as much as I hate these guys... from what I saw in the PHX/Spurs series... i saw a lot of fear and hesitation in the faces of parker, bowen and david robinson... if they can't have confidence playing the suns.. there's no way they can find a way to believe in themselves to beat the lakers..

i'm predicting all the spurs players to choke...

but i do think ginobili will have a good series...

only way the spurs win is if someone clotheslines kobe...