1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Little General

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Talk about grasping at straws.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken, you have to contribute to the site in order to rep. I'm not trying to stir anything up by saying this, but I'll gently point out that most posters who are here because they are fans of Lin have not contributed financially to the site. If they did, they could rep each other as well. In other words, I think rep points say more about the decision to donate to the site's upkeep than to legitimacy (or perceived legitimacy).

Either way, my only point is that both camps can be startlingly hypocritical when seeking to support their respective agendas.

4. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Any game highlights?

5. Little General

Here you go. 13minutes long. Full highlights of both team.
    <iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CXYMvkPnXfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  6. Solaris

Solaris Member

To those who said McHale doesn't make adjustments... He thought the pace was too slow at the previous Atlanta game. Thus giving the PG helm to Jeremy to push and control the offensive pace.

If we had Bev and Parsons this game, they wouldn't have able to came back in the 4th. Lin was obvious tired out toward the end.

ROCKETS HEAD COACH KEVIN MCHALE
    On Jeremy Lin’s performance and playing longer than usual.

“Yes 43 minutes is too long for anybody, but Jeremy was playing well, he was pushing it, he had a good flow going, and we just needed to get some pace back in the game. We played the game last night with no pace, no push, and we just have to push the ball. Get it up and down, and Jeremy is very good at pushing it. We just have guys running with him so that he doesn’t get hung up there by himself. ”

1 person likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You were the one saying it wasn't a good defensive performance because Parker still had a decent FG%. In reality holding a guy ~1 point per shot is really good. It was good for Bev then and it was good for Lin last night.

8. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Lin did pretty great job vs Wall and the team win.

Why are people still not appreciated and keep cherry picking here?

9. conquistador#11

push it. push it real good.

1 person likes this.
  10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

One could also argue that with those two, we wouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

11. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Good point, though at this point most posters who support Lin have been banned. Chemistry looks like the next to go.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It's not most posters who support Lin that have been banned.

It's some of the over the top, irrational supporters and haters of Lin that have started to be banned.

Hopefully more to come.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm pretty sure antagonizing statements like the one you just made are what annoys the moderators the most.

Moderators can read past posts of users. They don't ban users simply because they "support Lin" (if they did all of them would have banned a year ago, you wouldn't get any of the Lin-centric ****-fest that has plagued this board for so long)

After having read through the pages when the bans were handed out, what seemed to have been the case was a user getting banned for making instigating posts. Then a bunch of other users come in and start accusing the moderators for "banning anyone who supports Lin", and these individuals themselves get banned for their baseless comments that further aggravates and antagonizes the moderators.

I mean, you can't go into someone's private forum with an obvious agenda, trash the place, alienate the moderators, then start playing victim.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Haha. Nice catch. :grin:

15. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Anyone else thinks John Wall would be sick of playing against Jeremy by now? In the Summer League game, the game during Linsanity, one game last season, and one game this season, Wall is the No.1 overall draft pick and the maximum player but he has yet to clearly outplay Jeremy. Either Jeremy played better, Wall didn't play well, or Jeremy's team won. Jeremy is like the Wall Kryptonite.

16. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Ugly win, but we'll take it.

17. yummyhawtsauce

Has Wall won against Lin yet? I tihnk one game right?

I also think Lin was fired up to play this game with his aggression...he always tries to play hard vs Wall.

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

One game last season, Wall scored 12 pts in that game (Jeremy had only 5 pts lol...). I think Wall's team won the summer league game too but Jeremy was the talk of the game.

I think Wall was fired up to play this game too. Athletes have pride.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't think either one looks at the schedule and says "oh I'm playing against wall" or "oh I'm playing against Lin" and wants to win some individual battle.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Let them blow their wad over whatever petty battles they are deluded into believing take place.