1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Deckard...friend....mentor.

It's just one game :

Put a smile on that face. When you let them get to you, they win.

2. LoLin

LoLin Member

It's not about that one single shot. It's his performance throughout the last 4 games where his offense was just not on par with what people expect from him, as well as his lethargic effort on passing. While the team lose the game as a whole, Lin clearly did not pull his weight and deserves fair share of criticism.

1 person likes this.
  3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I remember in preseason when we thought this team was deep. LOLOLOL.

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

LOL. :)

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

If you only play 5 guys, that's what you get as coach when you are a few men short. You rarely have garbage to begin with, but you sit, rot and turn into garbage.....so that's your riddle solved.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

What did Garcia do tonight that he should be in for the last 4 minutes. If it's about sticking to your guys, why start Brewer? I just don't get it. He was upset at TJones obviously and lost it.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You don't lose 3 guys that played big minutes without feeling it especially when they are your 2nd and 3rd best players from last year.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Keyword is "FAIR"......but a quick glance of this thread and you'd think he's 99% of the blame.:eek:

9. Nook

Nook Member

When you have injuries, a pu$$y back up center and Francisco Garcia reverts to being Francisco Garcia that is what happens.

Honestly when you aquire players like Harden and Howard and clear cap room, you expect depth issues for awhile. Luckily for the Rockets there are many quality bench players available and when Parsons and Beverly return Brewer can be thrown into a fire or whatever the hell it takes to keep him off the court.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's a valid excuse for losing in OKC. Not for p-ssing away an easy game in Atlanta against a Hawks team that was missing a pretty important player of their own in Horford.

The lack of depth is not why the Rockets lost tonight. For God's sake, the Hawks scored 2 points in the first 8 minutes of the game! Yet the Rockets never built a double-digit lead. Instead they kept turning it over, refused to get back on D even off of made baskets, and let the Hawks hang around long enough to give them a boost of confidence that they could pull off the win(which they did).

11. orochiyao

orochiyao Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

dwill rumors caused it for lin

13. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, Garcia and Brewer and Smith are just garbage... Has nothing to do with not playing and everything to do with their age and intelligence.

McHale wants to play a deeper rotation but it isn't there. Probably explains why he wants Dunleavy.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The team is pretty deep but it takes a better coaching philosophy to exploit that.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but I just finished watching the game, being out doing something for my daughter, so the image of that foot way over the freakin' line is very fresh in my mind. I wouldn't have been that upset if he had missed the shot. It happens, but not making sure your foot is behind the line in this situation is inexcusable in my book. What a freakin' middle school mistake. I may have to have a Xanax with the single malt I just poured myself. ;-)-

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

McHale has an inexplicable amount of faith in Garcia. I don't get it. I remember back in ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, late OCTOBER, when he fell into this slump. I initially thought McHale was doing the right thing by continuing to go to him, and I respected how the other guys on the team continued to willingly pass to him -- I figured that had to be good for confidence-building/slump-busting. But a four-month slump??? At some point, I think you have to acknowledge that the ship has sailed.

Bring me Dunleavy.

17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Why in the hell did Brewer play 25 minutes?!?! In no way shape or form is he an upgrade over anybody else on the bench. I'd rather have Aldrich's clumsy dumbass playing 25 minutes.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, alright then, welcome to my ignore list.

19. rocketsmetalspd

Once again McHale gets a pass until this team is fully healthy. Don't know what the team will finally get from Asik but that will be what also needs to be finalized in order to get this team going in the right direction.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dunleavy can only shoot threes... rockets need more all around players specially athletic guys that can play defense. Shumpert types... mold this team close to what we had in the mid 90's and not Yao/Tmac era...