1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You know what? Bev is my fave -- but I have a problem with this, fundamentally. It seems like we need absolutely everybody healthy, able, and willing to play in order to reverse the suck. Damn near everybody on the roster has some unique skill or niche, such that 1 or 2 guys go down and we implode. The very-specific-role thing is really nice when everybody is good to go, but awful when injuries occur (which is really unavoidable). Could be the wine talking, but it really seems like we can't afford to lose ANYBODY, which is pretty dangerous territory.

1 person likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much.

Exactly. Besides, Lin's turnover rate is around 20% much higher than Harden's which is around 15%.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Lol those stats he posted just prove how good this team is despite its injuries. I can't remember the last time the ideal line up was playing.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

AB - miss 2 f'n free throws - seriously? Pass the ball to a ghost after a 10 minute time out:mad:

Lin - freaking picks up dribble and gets trapped in the paint - turnover. Foot on the f'n line:mad: Seriously?

Beard - shiit blocked at the cup, missing free throws, out of position on critical play.....

Garcia is Garbage.

Howard was decent.

TJ - soft

DMO - soft and pathetic

Man we suck. I'm sorry but we are not going anywhere unless we get free throw shooting and 3 pt shooting like Kyle Korver and a real power forward (unload Asik) and obviously getting P.B. back and C.P. too.

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

An issue, yes but not the biggest issue(s). The numbers don't lie as Brooks/Lin consistently put up pretty decent points, but the other backups don't - so that's where your biggest holes are. That's why injuries to either Howard or Parsons will have the most profound effect on the team.

6. mulberry

mulberry Member

Jeremy is not a ****ing idiot nor a ****ing chump. You are.

A bball game is not won or lost by one single shot. If you must blame someone, go back and watch the entire game again before you open your mouth.

Even if Jeremy made that shot for three, it'd still have been a tie game. You want to bet your life that the Rocket would have won the game in OT? Jeremy did not lose the game. Stop yapping like a two-year-old.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope this is clear and concise. **** you, junior.

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

His body language is terrible. He looks dejected & disinterested.

1 person likes this.
  9. rocketsmetalspd

I wish the team would hire Sam Cassell to teach these guards how to pass to the bigs posting down low.

10. carib

carib Member

Just to add what I already posted about the turnovers. It may not have been a wise decision to play Harden, Lin and Brooks down the stretch. These guys like the ball in their hands and so the ball does not move around enough. Offensive players were standing around and watching while one of these guys handled the ball and ran down the shot clock especially when they couldn't pass it to Howard.
    If they going to play these guys together, they need to do better setting each other up rather than ISOs

11. SirKen

SirKen Member

I am glad I didn't watch tonight's game.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They are not a young team. Dwight's been in the league a decade and has been to the Finals. Harden is coming up on half a decade and has also been to the Finals. Chandler's already in his 3rd season. Same with Jeremy. Garcia definitely ain't young. Neither is Brewer. Casspi's been in the league a few years. The only guys you could say really young and raw are T-Jones, Bev, and Greg Smith(the few games he's managed to play).

It's not youth or injuries or a lack of time together that is leading to these losses. Just watch how they lose. It's the same thing every time. Lackluster D, horrible execution in the halfcourt offense especially late in games, missed free throws, inconsistent 3-point shooting, way too much ISO-ball, and boneheaded mistakes(Lin's foot on the line being the most recent example).

None of these problems are being corrected and here we are nearly halfway through the season. Anyone who thinks these guys are gonna magically just figure it out for themselves is delusional.

1 person likes this.
  13. mulberry

mulberry Member

Yes, it is very clear and concise to show what an idiot you are.

14. LoLin

LoLin Member

Aye. He just seems out of synch lately after the Kings game.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It pains me to say this, as (1) he is my 2nd favorite player on the team, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, and (2) I've blown more $$ than I care to say on custom Garcia gear -- but Cisco is useless. Really bad.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok, I don't why I am defending Deck ..., but if you know him like I do, he has a pretty loose definition of idiot. For example, I would say Lin didn't play well tonight, or that was a dumb play, but Deck would call Lin is an idiot.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Riddle me this.... He is without Asik, Beverly and Parsons.
    He has no bench to speak of and has to give Brewer and Garcia starter minutes. His point guard ( Lin) has ADD and only shows up half the time. He has to play Brooks heavy minutes as a result. His coaching staff practices entry passes with the team over and over, yet no one seems to get it.

So what is he supposed to do other than ask for more depth from Morey?

The Rockets have hot steaming garbage outside of Harden and Howard right now. The issue isn't coaching. The issue is health and depth. The Rockets you see out there are not the Rockets projected to be on the court. The injuries have been killer....Harden, Lin, Asik, Beverly, Parsons.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'm going out on a limb and blame the coaches, Bill, and Clyde. Seriously, your coaches and announcers don't have much respect for you eventually your teammates will catch on. Now even Casspi is taking the point from Lin......I may be speaking from my behind though. I think he's only happy on the team because of Parsons, Bev, and Brooks.......:grin:

19. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

No only homer Rockets fans would take Lin over Teague. Teague>>Lin

20. sun12

sun12 Member

My golden rule:

If there is a problem with only one player, blame the player.
    If there are problems with every player, blame the coach or the GM who hires the coach.