1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

I was expecting them to lose tonight. There's always a lack of effort when they play bad teams. This game was lost in the first quarter after that 11-0 run. Offense looked stagnant, not much ball movement, missed shots, TOs, bad defense, the whole shebang. There's more blame to go around than just Lin. I was in favor of giving Brewer PT for his defense, but man laid an egg on offense. I remember his Jazz days and he could at least make some shots. Jones was off. The bench was horrible again. Morey needs to trade for some bench depth because Garcia has been laying duds recently.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

it might be time to look at Brooks as a starter.

3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

And how much does Lin make?

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lol pls. Yao the 20/10 guy who came back from an injury to upset the Lakers in the playoffs?

6. LoLin

LoLin Member

Because he will not get that call. He's no superstar and won't get the benefit of doubt.

7. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Jeremy sucked today. quit covering McHale's ass and watch this whole season and learn how a real coach would capitalize on the strengths on this team.

8. Winseb

Winseb Member

You haven't been watching the NBA very long if you think refs are going to call fouls on the very last possession of a game knowing the team on offense is desperate. Even superstars RARELY get foul calls. In fact, the only one I remember in recent memory was Paul George drawing a foul with like five seconds left against the Knicks.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

[​IMG]

10. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

He doesn’t get many of them, but I’m glad Lin took the potential game tying shot given to him and hit it. Yes it didn’t actually tie the game because of his toe again being on the line, but I’m glad he was in that position to take the shot. Of course it would have been nice if it did tie the game. If given another chance, I hope he does tie it.

I think there are other variables that eventually led to this loss, like TJones not be able to offset Millsap, Korver hitting some big 3s as usual, and AB with that big TO (which I don’t think was totally his fault). Lastly, plays out of the timeouts where just hard to watch.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Outside of Howard, the WHOLE team played terrible. Stop blaming on one player, it was a brilliant team effort toward the lost.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Almost, he only got one shot off on Lin plus a foul. The other shot was when Lin was not on him....but yeah some people need to go back to school.:grin:

13. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Exactly. Beverly isn't gonna save the Rockets.

The Rockets need a new coach.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You're supposed to be able to rely on your PG to understand the game situation and make the right plays.

It wouldn't be as aggravating if this wasn't something Lin had a habit of doing. When he put that shot up, two thoughts were in my mind: (1) another airball? (2) toe-on-the-line "3"? Well, I guess it was better than an airball. SMH.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

This is the issue with the houston teams. we always have the right players except for that 1 important piece.

no point guard for the rockets.
    no quarterback for the texans.

MOST teams..either sport..who have won championships has a great qb or pg.

find a pg..or the rockets are going no where. no at least not a championship.

16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a person Lin is great I don't think anyone questions that but as an NBA player he's a decent backup at best.

17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

This years team is garbage!!!! I would rather have last year team ...nobody is moving w/o the ball...team beefing with each other (players complaining about PT time and feelings are hurt) --never had that problem last year...chasing stars will not always fix the problems

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>UNACCEPTABLE w/ALL CAPS! Rox w/DH12, Beard, Lin CANT lose 2A team w/THESE guys! Need bench+VanGundy <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#LETHARGIC">#LETHARGIC</a> <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#VOMIT">#VOMIT</a> <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#PASSDAMNBALL">#PASSDAMNBALL</a>!</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/421840590653767680" data-datetime="2014-01-10T21:06:48+00:00">January 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

A different coach won't stop Jeremy from picking up his dribble under the basket with nowhere to go.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

How funny.

You need to give up your money and buy comcast because you can't see what's happening on your little computer screen.

Teague sucked, he shot 2 for 12.