1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Euro-cross on Kelly GIF Request

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jan 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Nope, the gather starts when he put both hand on the ball, one step left and one step right (which is the foot he jumps from), where are you picking up a third step? Maybe try counting with your fingers?

From nba.com for those that never played organized ball: "When ending his dribble a player may use a two count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting . . . when a player gathers the ball he may not step consecutively with the same foot, as in a hopping motion."

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Dude you know NOTHING about basketball just shut up it wasnt a travel

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

lol, angry much? That is a travel, even Bull, Clyde, and Bill caught it. It's a travel. But I disagree with you, so I must not know anything about basketball, great point. Carry on enjoying illegal moves. I prefer to watch James' legal highlights, not BS shots the refs missed.

4. chizzell

chizzell Member

I had really good seats last night and after the play Bev and CP were teasing Kelly from the bench and when the Lakers came back down Kelly just kept telling them "I had 5 fouls!"....

Don't think it would have mattered much.

5. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Its not a travel. Late gather where his right foot was planted before both hands held the ball. He's entitled to two steps after that hence the left then back to the right. So in essence that first step to the right is just an illusion that seems like he picked up his dribble when in fact he's still technically dribbling. . The euro step ain't easy, timing and smoothness of the execution is the only way these refs will give you that move. Harden and ginobili are the two that has mastered this move at the top of my head where refs will respect them and always give them the benefit of the doubt, even if the timing was off a few times throughout a game lol.

6. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Two step from what I see. Who is bi*ch Laker in the video who thinks he is a ref, I want to beat him.

7. Andrew Wiggins

Harden was still in dribbling motion before he took that step. He didn't stop his motion until after he plated the foot. 2 steps, not a travel.

Oh, please! NBA Officials NEVER call 3 steps on the break (sometimes even 4) and on drives to the basket they give 3 steps. They do this to encourage dunking. That extra step can be the difference between a contested layup and a slam dunk.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Good grief, who cares about what they would have called in Europe. Dr J, MJ, Kobe, Clyde, all of them traveled.... a lot. They won championships and created hall of fame careers while traveling and not getting called for it. I'm not b****ing because Harden didn't get called for traveling when it was borderline at best anyway.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<object height="315" width="560">

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/3Y0ZxlEHsas?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="560">
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y0ZxlEHsas

Just for clarification purposes. I can't see how what Harden did is any different than Ginobli or Wade.
    </object>

10. crash5179

Pretty obvious from that photo that it most clearly was not traveling. He is still in the process of gathering and his foot is about a 1/2 inch from planiting. Once that foot plants he has two more steps he can take.

11. crash5179

That is the very definition of a late gather and zero step. Step one comes AFTER he gathers and not DURING or even at the END of the gather. You said it yourself, he fully gathered at the same time his right foot hit the floor.

Not a travel.

12. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Yup exactly. If he gathered before that foot planted then its a travel, but he didn't. James is so crafty and the reason he's so good at it is his ability to shift directions in 1 long stride. Average players that try to imitate the move either gather too soon and travels or they dont shift directions well enough and tend to just run in a straight line which ends up being a charge more times than not.

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Lol mad much? Calling a fellow CF member blind *******!!

O & btw….NOT A TRAVEL Refs didn't miss anything expect for made a Technical on Harden for embarrassing the rook like that

14. Mariachi ROCKET

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Not a travel.

Of course I'm a Rocket fan first, and not just trying to use this as an excuse for misplaced anger about our backup pg.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Can anybody find a GIF of the shot from behind when the camera is trailing?

I love that view because you can see Kelly jump two feet to the opposite direction in total TORO fashion.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

NO travel. :eek: Sorry, won't read all the posts, but the rule is clearly defined into making the footsteps a disadvantage to make it look like you have picked up your dribble and are advancing, which is NOT what he did:

It is a continuation, and on a fast break. He picked up his dribble and then took a step with his right, then left.

It only seems awkward because he jumps with the WRONG foot. :cool:

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

actually seNor Swoly, He gathered on his Right foot., took a left step followed by a long right step ending in a layup.

You sir fail :eek::p:cool:;):eek::grin::(

19. SirKen

SirKen Member

Actually, after looking at the photos here, I have come to the conclusion that I was wrong and it is not a travel "by NBA standards".

Do I have to like that kind of shoddy officiating? I don't think so!

I have always hated how they don't call traveling properly in NBA (that and moving screens). Might be because I grew up playing in Europe.

1 person likes this.
  20. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Definitely not a travel. The gather rule is counterintuitive and gives a pretty insane advantage to the offensive player, but it's been this way for years.