1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This is a really good idea, I order maybe 3 or 4 PPV's a year, and I usually split the bill with a few friends.

They'll certainly get my $120 a year if all the PPV's are available. Probably my freinds $120 also, $10 a month is really an afterthought.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

yep and you get access to older content like past Raws and PPVs, plus if you order 6-months at the beginning you get Wrestlemania 30 for free also

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This is probably the most groundbreaking and genius idea of Vince's career.

Wrestlemania 30 is included this year as well.

Archives will be available from the launch of every past WWE/F, WCW and ECW PPV's (including all 29 previous WM), Every past episode of Raw and Smackdown will be archived and then 24/7 live streaming of original programming, Raw and SD replays and the Monday Night Wars show. Over 100,000 hours of content from the start that would take 11 years too watch.

Vince just became an actual billionaire.

4. supermandan

supermandan Member

Do you guys know if this network will be available for Apple TV? I have a PS3 but my Apple TV is connected to my bigger TV. Would way rather use that instead.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Don't think so.

I know it's PS3/4, Xbox 360, with Xbox One support available later in the summer

6. supermandan

supermandan Member

whack!!!!

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They announced it for bacsically every streaming device known to man, but didn't specifically say Apple TV (although they did state apple mobile devices)

Given how important this is to the company I have trouble believing they will leave any device off the table.

8. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

For those with Apple TV, you can airstream it on your tv. That's better than nothing.

But yeah, I'm very excited. Cable was dead to me before, now it's deader than dead. Netflix combined with WWE Network, I'm done. All the entertainment I need.

Now if only NBA League Pass didnt blackout local Rockets games.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Sports teams are literally keeping cable alive in most homes, if I could get Astros and Rockets games, cable is beyond gone.

10. supermandan

supermandan Member

Yeah I was thinking I could do that. Just hoping its good quality when its transferred to the TV.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if NBA teams should do their local games via this model.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm sure they've done research, but it would certainly seem to make more money. I would pay $30 monthly for an Astros/Rockets streaming channel with the chance to eliminate cable, as would most fans I'd imagine.

They get about $3 per carrier, I have trouble imagining 1/10th of the city is all that would want the channel.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Can anyone explain how Bryan Wyatt's losing was the right decision? How are they suppose to get heat if they lose

15. Carl Herrera

They are keeping people in doubt as to whether Team Wyatt is really in this together or if they now have a chemistry issue with Bryan added to the mix. Bryan was telling Harper and Rowan "I've been a tag champion, let me teach you how to win" kind of reminds me of what Kobe reportedly said to Dwight.

16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I think the new digital network is a brilliant idea, at least in theory. You know all the hardcore fans are going to buy into it because they want the discount on the PPVs, even if it's not the same as watching it on a huge HDTV.

But they are also going to rope in people like me who loved wrestling as a kid in the mid-to-late 90s that wants to dive deep into the archive footage. I'll gladly pay 10 bucks a month for that. And who knows, since I'll be getting the PPVs at a steep discount, maybe I'll start to casually follow it again.

17. Carl Herrera

One part of the math is that the cable operators take a huge cut (over 50%, IIRC) out of the PPVS revenue. So, out of the $60 they charge a viewer they really only get less than $30. The cost for doing it via WWE Netwoek is most likely much less and so they can still come out ahead mathematically with a reasonable # of subscribers. Their SEC filing says that they project 1-2M subscribers by the end of the year.

Given the relatively low buy rates for their minor PPVs, 1-2M subscribers should make it economically worth it.

#377 Carl Herrera, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  18. So Good

So Good Member

I'm so tempted...I don't normally buy or watch too many PPVs but shoot Wrestlemania itself is $60...

Question though: So if, let's say, I missed this years Royal Rumble. I could basically watch it On Demand whenever I want?

19. Carl Herrera

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Lol i figured cable companies would be none too happy.

If this works it will be a very bad precedent for them. Maybe HBO next, or god forbid ESPN.