1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: McHale is trying to get the team to acquire Mike Dunleavy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Yellow

Yellow Member

Why don't we get CJ Miles, he can score (hit 10 threes today for the Cavs) ;)

2. Bogeyfree

Bogeyfree Member

CJ Miles had a season high game.

Well he has played at least 30 minutes in three straight games for the first time this season. He scored a combined 40 points in the first two games and had his 3-point shot (10 3 pointers last night) flowing against the large openings in the 76er defense.

Miles could be a welcome add for points and 3-pointers going forward! But can he perform under McHale?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I liked mike as an offseason target until I saw how mug he got paid. It was too much then and too much now. 3.5 next year is too much, no thanks.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Cap space. Although I suspect they'd prefer simple expirings. Motiejunas is at best the 4th big for them both now and when they sign Mirotic. Extra cap space is more valuable to them and would go a long way to signing someone good.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We need to model this team more after the 94/95 rockets not the 80's celtics... get a wing defender that has more all around game not another three point shooter that's weak in all otyer areas but that.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Just sign Stephen Jackson

7. jocar

jocar Member

Ft. Worth represent!!

*crickets*

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I actually would not be opposed to this.

He brings toughness we desperately need.

9. htown1984

htown1984 Member

wasnt he just released by the Clippers? How did he do with them in the 15 days he was there...

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Stephen Jackson is under contract to the Clippers and therefore cannot be signed

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/west/story/clippers-waive-stephen-jackson-after-brief-tenure-010714

Still though.... if SJackson can't cut it at his age on the bench-less Clippers what makes anyone here think that Jax can contribute to the Rockets??? Would rather Morey work his magic to try and find us another Pat Beverley type somewhere under a rock over on the other side of the world, or rather sign Troy Daniels... at least he has pretty high upside.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is awfully quiet around this time.....

I remember years ago. He signed Diamond Simpson, Fortson, Boykins. One after one.
    Then he got Fisher for Hill.

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

Without Dunleavy Bulls may left with only one small-forward - rookie Snell. I don't think they do it.

14. Nook

Nook Member

#1 He doesn't need to create seperation, he just needs to hit open shots, which are created by Harden/Lin and Parsons.

#2 Defensively, he is fine in a system like the Rockets. He is not a lock down, one on one defender, but he is smart about when to switch and when not to. He is actually a possible defensive upgrade over the Rockets crew of inconsistent defenders.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

If we give them brewer they have snell brewer
    and Jimmy butler

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets hoping 2 acquire Dunleavy (give Harden more rest) when Bulls' lottery lunge continues. Lone guarantee of loss: dump Noah &amp; Mr Thibs</p>&mdash; Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/statuses/420790250198556672">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Nook

Nook Member

9 field goal attempts in 30 minutes a game and he is a chucker? He is shooting 50% on 2's and 39% on 3's and 85% from the line. That is not a chucker line.....

"That system"? He has shot 49% on 2's, 38% on 3's for his career...... so it isn't a "system" issue.

What about him makes him a "scrub"? He is a very good shooter, has very good size and has played 4 positions for the Bulls just this season and defends adequately.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

anyone know the credibility of this guy?

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

I wonder if this means Thibs is a goner...

I know him and Noah are livid, but I haven't heard their future plans.

I see them using the amnesty on Boozer for sure this summer.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know he and Barkley used to hate each other. Hate hate hate. As in, Vecsey's in the TNT Studio tonight with Ernie? Chuck would take that night off.

But he does have his ear to the ground. Agents and GMs can also manipulate him as easily as they do any other sports journalist, but at least he's giving us something to chew on.

If the Bulls can trade Noah for cap relief and a solid draft pick, they'd be well on their way to 2014 Tankapalooza.

I imagine Thibs' agent is looking at future job opportunities.

#180 ROXTXIA, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014