1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sad Story ::sniff sniff:: (Kobe and Joe Bryant)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shawndme7, Apr 29, 2003.

1. tituspan

tituspan Contributing Member

I agree there's more than the race card here. You just won't say things like this if your only concern is race.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i think a parent should always support his son, with his girlfriend. if you do nto like her, then keep it to yourself, maybe if the sons asks what you think you can say you think she isn't perfect. But if the son is happy why make him less happy by not accepting her? i feel sorry for kobe.

P.s. nice first post in this thread a-Train.

3. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Doesnt it say that she was a video model or girl or whatever!? Maybe he just doesnt like the idea about it? I know if I was a father and my son was dating on of those gurls I wouldn't like her either, but I wouldn't completely stop seeing or talking to him! ESPECIALLY if he just had a child which would be my grandchild and my sons name is Kobe Bryant. I mean it even says that he never went to the games after the 1st championship! C'mon! O'neal's STEPDAD (not dad but stepdad) was even there! :(

4. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

It might not be about race.

You have to remember Kobe married his gf when he was 21 and she was only 18.

-They haven't lived togather, so it seems very sudden and impetious.
    -Kobe was only 21, awfully young age to get married. He has so many years to marry the right person/

While it is sad to hear that his dad doesn;t support him, don't be so quick to label him a racist.

5. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

Think of all the Sh*t that Tiger gets (not from his parents) for dating tall blond women almost exclusivley. Thing is he is half black and half Asian and Asians could care less who he is dating while the Blacks call him a sell-out for dating Inga's instead of Lateesha's. Race politics is a really weird game.

6. DJ

DJ Member

I think that Kobe's dad is being really selfish. Usually, when someone is mad, he/she would refuse to not only talk to that person, but not recieve anything from him/her. Jellybean is not talking to Kobe, but yet he is actually going to his game for FREE because the same Kobe bought him the ticket to go to the game. When people marry, their parents do not usually give up on them, but rather they offer support. Kobe deserves no blame whatsoever. He is just a great person for being able to not falter despite his father's inconsiderate ways.

7. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Bingo!

8. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

By the way, Kobe should be able to marry who ever he wants (highschool sweetheart).

Once Kobe left home, its his life to live.
    His father can't force Kobe to stop loving his wife.

It wont happen. Period.

Kobe's father is being selfish. He's forcing Kobe to "choose."