1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 1/4/2014

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

OKC 1st in the west

Goodnite ;)

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

tbh???

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol one guy here is happy

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trade me, Sam Hinkie, or I'm gonna keep on doing this to the rest of the roster.

Nerlens, you are next!

5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Love needs to take some pointers from this big guy on how to miss a free throw

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ohHoK4-LeuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. VBG

VBG Member

It's really close. I just really find Kevin Love's defense from a big so hard to compliment. Aldridge is passable on that end. While Love shoots 3s instead of Aldridge's long 2s, I think both help the offense equally with their spacing. Love's passing and rebounding to put him above Aldridge defensively though.

I would go Love barely because 3s > long 2s but its really close. I just hate big men who are negatives on defense. Makes it so hard for the team to get anywhere. And Love is a clear negative. At least Dirk had good positioning and quick hands. Love just seems to get out of the way. He's clearly terrified of fouling which really hurts his defense.

1 person likes this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Aldridge, can play backup C and pretty much run the 2nd unit on his own, and is a much better personality fit (has the sort of Bosh like demeanour to accept being used less in order to win more)

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Good comparison, thanks. I've known Love isn't a good defender in the post, but I guess I didn't comprehend the extent of it and the toll it takes on the team.