1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Round 1 were still 5 games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Icehouse, May 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Would the results from the Playoffs have been any different? For example, Min would be up 2-1 with two games left.

Thoughts??

2. DJ

DJ Member

Yeah, I think so. Once a team is up in a series and all they have to do is win at least one game, I think they would gain enough confidence in trying to close out the series. If it was still a 5 game series, the Wolves probably would not have had a 2-1 lead.

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

It is not as simple as that.

There is an unquantifiable mentallity change between a 5-game series and a 7-game series. We cannot use what happened in this years round one as a gauge of what could have been had it been a best of 5 series.

But I sure miss the intrigue of a 5-game series. There are more surprises and very little margin for error.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Lakers whined about the change of first round format before the playoffs started. They thought it was to their disadvantage. It turns out helping them, imo.

5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

You should try telling that to the Mavericks, Blowing a 3-0 lead. Man if they lose their next at Portland I think it could be it for them and i thought they have matured enough to have that killer instinct.

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Ok.

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

How much do you think Cuban will get fined for blaming the refs for the 3-0 choke?