1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garnett...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Drexlerfan22, May 1, 2003.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Anyone else think his post game is looking more and more like Hakeem's? His spins and fakes just keep getting better.

2. Asian Sensation

Actually, yes. Especially the move he made on Shaq in the 2nd quarter I believe it was. I havent seen anybody fake out Shaq like that since like u said Olajuwon.

3. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

whats next for the T-wolves guys? Break up the team? Deal Garnett? Wally?

4. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Well, what do you think for a MVP to have his thropy presented next season rather than the next current playoff game ?
    :D

Wake up, it's TiMVP 21 all the way, people ! :p

A monstrous triple double game to clinch the series vs the pesky Suns tonite, that a quality of MVP should be about ! [​IMG]

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

gunawanspurs,

Lakers are going to win the their next series, you prepared for that?

Lakers are 8-1 against them in the last two years in the playoffs.

As a guy who doesn't like the Spurs, I will thoroughly enjoy watching another #1 seeded Spurs team blow it in the playoffs.

and if the Spurs do beat L.A I will be the first to prop you up, but that isn't going to happen

6. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Well, should they win or loose, i would be happy anyway, the fact that this is a REBUILDING year, with a limping DRob sailing for the last time, and installing some youngsters into the roster ( SJax & Manu ).

If they lose, they would lose it against the reigning champ who has two of the best three players of the league. When we reload next season with our capspace ( Jermaine O'Neal would look good in Silver & Black, so would Kidd ), we could have our revenge by then

If we win the series ( though you already discounting it ), i'll be thrilled 'course. These are young team, with their leader just at 27 yrs of age. The potentials are still limitless !

Life is good for a Spurs fan, isn't it ? :cool:

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was gonna say that awhile back but I was afraid I was going to get ripped somehow. He is the only player in the NBA who can duplicate the moves Hakeem pulled off in the post.

8. JBIIRockets

yeah, at least you guys get pull for your team during the playoffs when the play is at the most intense level. That is what i miss about the Rckets not being there.

Do you think Olowakandi will be a Spur next year at the 5? No way he stays with the Clippers. SA would be perfect for him.

I guess I'm thankful to be a Rockets fan because they are good at reaching the highest level when their record is good.

Whereas the Spurs get 55+ wins every year only to blow homecourt in the playoffs almost every year in the 2nd or 3rd round. Spurs fans have had more heartbreak than Rockets fans.

The Spurs should have more than 1 title by this point, and if I were a fan of Spurs, I would be real disappointed that they could only win one title despite all that success.

9. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Well, i'm just gonna take the high road over your barb words toward my team. :cool:

I always think that the Rockets are a classy franchise, Hakeem is even one of my all time NBA player favorite, and i acknowledge greatness when it presented, too bad some of their fans can't keep up. :rolleyes:

We'll see who would have the last laugh, 'cause early talking is MOOT IMHO :D

10. JBIIRockets

That is what a good fan does.

11. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Not really a Spur fan, but I can imagine how easy it is right now.
    You have a franchise player, a solid team, and a sh!tload of money this off season.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought this thread is about Garnett.

Well, Garnett should seriously consider cutting his own salary so that his team can get a better supporting cast.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, not at all. He doesn't spend enough time in the post. Hakeem would pound it inside, Garnett settles for fadeaways and outside jumpers way too often. He usually doesn't even get good position inside. He also isn't the shotblocker Hakeem was.

14. HakeemdaDream

HakeemdaDream Member

imitate, not duplicate!

15. super_mario

super_mario Member

I'm sure that Garnett doesn't need the money. It's probably an ego thing but I don't hold it against him. I wouldn't want to be paid less than my colleagues. Would you?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not talking about cutting his salary down to a role player's level. He is a max player, no doubt. But his pay is way above today's max contract. That puts a great hindrance on the team's ability to acquire good role players. They are going to be stuck in the middle of the pack until Garnett's contract expires.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can you simply agree to tear up a contract?

18. super_mario

super_mario Member

I don't know how much Garnett makes and don't feel like looking it up now but by colleagues I meant the likes of Shaq and Duncan. I'm thinking that the top players would like to have the bragging rights of being the highest paid player.

I agree with you that Garnett should take a pay cut to make his team better but I don't see it happening. Either that or he should be traded to Portland or Dallas where they seem to have a limitless payroll.

19. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Barkley did it for Houston. Why not Garnett?