1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. pacmania

pacmania Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gBzJGckMYO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. pacmania

pacmania Member

Its good you refer to clutchfans in the third person. glad to know you're not a clutchfan. Thats it.

3. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

The rockets could be without Lin and mchail could still be clueless. Lol

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

excuse me rooky, this is the designated mchale thread. please take your lin trolling elsewhere.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Unless losing in the first round yet again is also fully approved by Morey, there's no reason McFail should be here next season. I don't expect him to be fired now since the team is 9 games above .500. They should be better than that, but it's still good enough to save his hide. But there's no way in hell they're gonna beat OKC or the Spurs the way they're currently playing. And I'd also favor the Blazers and Clippers over them if the Rockets don't have home court.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

It's not lin trolling at all.

I'm an advocate for mchale here if you had followed this thread.

Mchale is one of of the few coaches who can loosen the reins and let morey run the run. It's morey's team which makes this thread redundant as it is. I'm assuming by your tone that you are not a huge mchale supporter.

Ill poise you this, would Sloan, JVG, Hollins or whoever else has been associated with us be able to completely forget their way of running a team to adopt morey's system. I think not no way their running the read and react like mchale is.

The perfect example of a coach the COULD succeed mchale is Nevada Smith, someone who came out of a div 3 school who has no ego and is willing to play a certain way

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Morey has an ego big enough for both the head coach and GM positions. Therefore the head coach cannot have an ego. Morey, next to Les, is the Rockets most valuable asset.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yes because Bill and Bull never call out Harden's poor defense and ball stopping tendencies.

9. alebaba

alebaba Member

Im sorry but Mchale needs to go, were not going to win the chips if hes here coaching..Benching Lin in the 4th when hes been our best 4th quarter guy while leaving brooks who was 1-8? Jeremy Lin will never reach his full potential as long as Mchale is Coaching. We need to trade asik anbd Jeremy lin for 3rd star or fire Mchale and Sampson all together.

10. Postcall

Postcall Member

I am not sure what the fuss is about Les and Morey are smart guys and the Rockets are a stable org. They know the truth and will let Mchale go at the end of the season. Firing a coach midseason and replacing him with Sampson of all people is not the way to go(you are not the Knicks). It will all play out.

11. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

been to the CF Dish, seen a link to the Knicks RealGM Site game thread, found these gems that are worthy here: for the lolz. :D

"Lets see what this fool woodson does.."
    "This might be the only coaching matchup woody wins."
    "Well, he outcoached McHale. Thing is JR outretarded both of them."

12. Jenopogi

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I think most older clutchfans members here want to keep McHale and Sampson and trade Lin and Asik, am I right?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The REASON Lin is getting benched is because both he and Harden are turnover prone, and we are not benching Harden, so you bench Lin to protect the number of possessions.

Lin is what he is, a good attacking PG, who is really risky with the ball - he is not going to get much better, he is a quality NBA guard, but nothing special.

DD

1 person likes this.
  15. hamsession

hamsession Member

My take is that the addition of Howard has changed this offense 180 degrees from last year when it was Asik in the middle. It seems like this season, it is more ISO than ever. Lin does not do well when it's ISO. He excels in the PnR. Parsons isn't that good in the ISO either. Harden is the best on the team with ISO. So for us to win, Harden will have to score 35+ from now on. This team is 1-and-done in the playoffs if it's just Harden ball. Only a new coach can save us.

16. Jenopogi

It's a mix from what I observed. Some older ones, when they post favourable to Lin, they got called out and tagged as former YOFs. On McHale, they are more realistic that he will not be changed this season, so just sit and take the ride. Not much you can do anyway. Most however agree that there are better coaches than McHale for Rockets to get the ship. Some, they say, their disgust on LOFs which makes CF a mess made them want to trade Lin out along with his fans.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even if we entertain this notion that morey has been somehow micromanaging the coaching staff from his office, the next question is what happens when this Read and React offensive system doesn't work in certain situations?

just like with any investment model, no method ever works 100% of the time. and as we've seen all season, when teams tighten up their D, go to a zone, when our 3's aren't falling, etc, etc……the read & react DOES NOT WORK.

and this is when having a coach who can call a timeout when necessary, implement an improvised play call when necessary (other than ISO Harden), and generally make countermoves and adjustments -- becomes necessary. mchale has proven to be a braindead fool when it comes to any of these.

and looking past the offensive system that morey has allegedly masterminded from his padded control room, who exactly is in charge of motivating the players? they've shown lackluster lazy effort for 2/3 of the games so far this season. who is responsible for discliplining them? who oversees proper in-game substitutions and manages player minutes? who is working with this team on their ****ing freethrows??

it seems we would need a real actual coach for all this plus a lot more, and not just the GM moonlighting with a virtual-coaching joystick on his control panel.

no, more likely than this notion that we absolutely need a yes-man under morey if we are to ever succeed…..is the more simple observation that mchale apologists (now fully unable to deny his lack of coaching acumen and general incompetence) are now just claiming we really need a dummy at the helm to play moreyball in order to justify his continued boneheadedness here.

i'd say that morey actually dumping 4 of mchale's pet favorites at the deadline last year (douglas, patpat, morris, aldrich) indicates more on what the dynamic is between his ideas for this team and the coaching staff's. in any case, i have no doubt that les will drop the hammer on this entire situation at season's end.

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

How much is Harden and Lin ball-watching/sagging-off-to-help by coaching design and how much of it is their own doing?

Likewise, how much of our offense is by design?

I wonder how much structure we have and what that structure basically is?

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Weird because they both seem to be having career years.

Tell me more of this "does not do well"

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is oh so terribly true.