1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

wanted CF's input on this, because i don't know much about defensive schemes, but would it be more effective running the zone, like a 3-2?

too often our players are getting beat one-on-one it feels like.

would this work?

2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

This team gets by on talent, not coaching.
    This isn't about Lin. It's about repeating the same **** over and over and not adjusting.
    You have a beast down low and you haven't figured **** out about how to get him involved. And all these minutes management, Defense and everything.

God help us.

3. conquistador#11

thought it two years ago, and it won't change until we get past the first round...

but Daryl's Ipad could get better results coaching this team. lowry was on to something.

4. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Dragic left, despite being the favored son, so he was onto something also.

5. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

are you ****ting me? Leaving AB in to finish the game again? We're damn lucky we pulled this one out. Every key bucket was made against AB and its not the only time if you guys have noticed. We've lost some close ones in the past due to the small lineup. At least Lin gives you some size. ****in Udrich lookin like MJ against Brooks. and whats up with Howard sitting on the bench for most of the 4th....geez its not even funny anymore

1 person likes this.
  6. Play07

Play07 Member

You must didn't get it, the Knicks were a WAYYYYYYYY better team last year & we blew them out twice.

This year they suck are a laughing stock of the east & we go down to the last shot with them.

I'm not taking up for mchale but I will say I think the new players and system we had to install is part of the reason

7. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Guess who's in charge of making the new players and system work? The head coach! Yep, that's right, can't expect players to coach themselves so yes the fact that we are in close games or losing to subpar teams has a lot to do with the coaching, wheathed it's making adjustments, drawing up plays to break the funk, have the balls to bench someone who goes rouge, etc.. It's all on the coach. Of course it helps if you have the right players to run your system, but if you don't, make some damn adjustments!

8. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

the problem is mchale doesn't really have any regular substitution patterns...and when he does try to adjust to the other the team, it doesn't really make any sense....he does draw up some occasional good plays though, other than that I don't really understand him

9. strifed169

strifed169 Member

What goes through Mchale's mind whenever he benches Lin

[​IMG]

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Oh he's has the balls to bench players believe that ! lol

But yeah I feel you, but I still say mchale struggles with one thing and that's out of timeouts plays, he had a good system with dragic Lowry, a good system last year, people complain about hardens ISO but are the same ones that go crazy when he's hitting the shots tonight calling it clutch. And the same people that say he needs the ball in his hands. So it amazes me when people run in here when harden doesn't come through. DOUBLE STANDARD, I blame morey if we don't finish at least 4 seed or make it out the 1st round.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I haven't liked a lot of the decisions Mchale has made, but I was for the most part somebody that thinks you need to give the guy a chance to grow.

Not anymore, I would be happy if he got fired tonight and took Sampson with him.

I don't see him changing and growing from his mistakes. You don't pull your third or fourth best player in the 3rd quarter and keep him out for the rest of the game. If this team is going to go anywhere at all they really needs Lin's help a lot. I could see him doing what he did if Brooks was doing something better than Lin, but he wasn't and it wasn't even close. Harden was playing good not Brooks, Lin needs to spend time playing with Howard, Harden, and Parsons, that is the lineup that is going to get the Rockets home court advantage in the playoffs. I think it is so easy to see that the Rockets are at their best when they are pushing the ball and playing fast, this happens when Lin is in the game.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

what happened to the mcfuark thread?

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You would blame Morey for what, not having Les fire Mchales dumb ass?

14. bws

bws Member

I agree with you. McHale is a good man, but I'm disgusted with him tonight and what he did to the 3rd or 4th best player on the team. Down the road, you need this player to believe that the coaching staff believes in him and he delivered in the 4th just a few games ago in 2 games after not doing much in both games . Instead of drawing on that, McHale doesn't bring him in at all in a close game in the 4th. And Dwight sits on the bench so long in the 4th and comes in really late. Again it was have Harden bail the team out and goes too many minutes, Parsons goes too many minutes, not much ball movement throughout most of the game and little use of picks for Lin or Brooks. It's not working with McHale/Sampson. And I wish more of CF were like you but the LOF nonsense gets old because this is about your 3rd/4th best player who isn't that experienced but is talented and needs to play through errors as well as play with the starters for the betterment of the team.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

R and R offense is common sense. It it works well for Rockets, it's because of the talents of our players and has nothing to do with McHale.

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

McHale is a great player, but can he be a coach? He should assign to Viper first

17. pacmania

pacmania Member

This page is reaching 500,000 views, does it have to reach a million before Les discovers that R and R is the code word for a pattern which means that coaching is Rest and Recreation for Kevin Mchale.

With Harden and the Assistant Coaches doing all the work, Mchale can have some valuable Rest and Recreation during his rockets coaching career.

18. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Agree. I don't get it. We blew out the Knicks twice last year, at home and at their home court. We played free ball-movement uptempo ball with Lin directing the offense. This year the team regressed and struggle even against weak teams. This regression has to be on the coach. Why give up a system which worked so well last season for an ugly hero ball style of play that is actually typical of Melo & the Knicks and now we copy their style, an inferior style of playing team ball. We live or die with Harden. He is no MJ or LBJ. We can't win a playoff series with the current style of play and with that weak a defense. If McHale cannot improve this team, he needs to be replaced. George Karl and Lionel Hollins are still available and their teams played great defense. If we don't make it through 1st round, McHale has to go.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

can't stand this jokers decisions. he's exactly the coach we thought he was when he was fired in Minnesota.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

No adjustment after timeouts, same plays over and over, I truly think Mchale has no idea what the **** he is doing, man it's going to be tough for the rockets in the playoff and I wouldn't be surprised if we get first round exit.