1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why not play Garcia alongside Harden w/no true PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Jan 3, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

On nights when Lin is a disaster on defense, which is frequently, and when Brooks is, well, himself, and horrid all around- why can't we go to this lineup? This is what we played on d for the last shot and it worked decently

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lin was bad the 3rd quarter, but he did well the first half. I wouldn't call it a disaster on defense when Udrich makes 2 runs at him.

Now if Harden was guarding opponents' PG...field day, career night for their PG... Harden can't guard PG...McHale is dumb, but not that dumb.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because Garcia is the world beater, the beater of Rockets world

4. Little General

It worked decently? You mean it wasn't that JR was dumb enough to shoot the 3 when he had like 20 seconds left in the shotclock? Or just that the Knicks are a horrible team?

5. SamFisher

Harden can guard shumpert who was just spotting up - neither Brooks nor Lin could figure this out.

6. zawa

zawa Member

How about just get rid of Lin, dont want 8 mil be wasted on the bench

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

how about we cut Garcia?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would vouch for keeping Garcia for that streak of two 3s in the playoffs against the Spurs or OKC and we win like one game and maybe 2 out of 4.

9. AvgJoe

You are using 1 play to justify a rotational line up?

And how many 3s shumpert made today? how many on Harden? Just spotting up? He was killing us

10. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

indeed Lin was a disaster in the 3rd. Beno scored 4 pts against him!

11. Apache

Apache Member

the rockets got 8 pg lol

12. SamFisher

No - I'm using thousands of plays by Lin and Brooks to realize what they contribute when not scoring: a huge net negative.

I don't think it was Harden who rotated off Shump but I'd have to check the film. I noted it was Brooks on his last 3 who was napping.

13. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Lin might not be a good perimeter defender, but he's top amongst PGs at defending the rim.

14. SamFisher

Uh - Brooks was in when that happened. perhaps you noticed him hitting the GW FTS?

The point is that on many nights - Brooks and Lin are both equally terrible.

Why force it? If they both stink - sit them both. I'd like to see how a lineup without them fares prior to ruling it out, if no Bev of course.

15. alebaba

alebaba Member

Does clutchfans just like blaming lin? Half of the clutchfans in the game thread are clueless and probably doesn't know a lick or have never play basketball in their life.

1 person likes this.
  16. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Nah, they just don't like him.

1 person likes this.
  17. AvgJoe

Lin stunk in the 3rd Q tonight. I think Lin has been playing some best D in his career the last few games of stretch. It was a mistake not letting him back in the 4Q tonight. On many nights Harden was worse than Brooks and Lin. Care to share your thoughts on that?

1 person likes this.
  18. AvgJoe

There was a reason they switched Harden off Shump after 1st Q. Parsons was on Shump for a while. Shump shot over Lin twice when Lin rotated to him. Same thing happened to Brooks. The main reason was because Harden cannot guard Shump. So our PGs time to time were forced to cover Shump for him.

19. SirKen

SirKen Member

Probably the same reason why McHale never played James Anderson that way who in my opinion is far superior to Garcia.

20. bws

bws Member

There are a lot of Lin hostile people here.