1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Top 3 Team Needs for 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, Jan 1, 2014.

1. cbb139

cbb139 Member

1. Defense & effort (more specifically from Harden)
    2. Backup Rim Protector (Asik, or someone else)
    3. Perimeter Defender (3 & D guy)

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Positional needs aside, this squad isn't exactly what I consider to be a mentally tough bunch.

Dwight and Harden are both passive leaders; not that there's anything wrong with that, but there are times when you need a vocal leader to step in and wake everybody up when you're on the ropes. A player that can help keep the locker-room intact in the face of adversity.

Overall, our effort isn't always consistent. Our guys sometimes (mainly in the frontcourt) take plays off and get out-hustled. Plus, there have been games (with the Indiana game being the worst example of this) where the team has blatantly quit mid-way through the game.

That said, if a better trade doesn't present itself, I really wouldn't be opposed to some sort of Asik-for-Garnett swap. Garnett is a true leader with a team-first approach; and for as bad as he's been this year, he put up 13-14 in the playoffs less than a year ago. I have a hard time believing his days of playing meaningful basketball are over.

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

1. less iso, in other word, keep the ball away from haren
    2. play better defense, yes you james haren
    3. boxout for christ sake, how can howard be one of the elite rebounder in the league doesn't know how to boxout

4. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

Yeah, maybe I wasn't specific enough, but I was referring to some LOH and some LOF who manage to sour almost any thread.

And just as people have a right to be upset, I have a right to state that people are overreacting. We are integrating an important cog into the team, are dealing with a myriad of injuries, Asik's little drama, have decent record and haven't reached the AS break yet.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

Perimeter defense
    More fast-break points
    Better 3pt%

6. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

a fansite with more optimistic users