1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This. Who cares. It doesn't matter how Lowry/Dragic perform in their respective teams because they are not returning here, and the Suns/Raptors are not going to influence how far we go as a team. People should want Lin to bridge the gap, and continue to develop as a player.

2. willus

willus Member

Couldn't have said it better.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Lowry has the lead in most advanced statistics, while Dragic's edge in some raw categories are attributed largely to his much higher USG% (Lowry has a much lower USG% than other top PGs, an underrated quality in today's league). The metrics also show that his defense is back to being amongst the best at his position, after slightly dipping for a season or two.

Lowry is also #9 in the entire NBA in Win Shares, behind only Durant, Paul, LeBron, Love, George, Curry, Lillard and Griffin (and ahead of stars like Aldridge, A.Davis, Dirk and our very own Harden and Dwight).

He's really having a masterful season on both ends. His %s always look average, but his TS% is always high due to his style of play high in 3FG and FT (ala Harden). He doesn't turn it over, and he moves the ball better than most other PGs (rather than dribbling the air out of it when there's nothing there).

4. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

If Kyle was on this team we dont lose to sactown x2 Utah or Philly

5. hamsession

hamsession Member

Didn't Lin shutdown Lowry when they played?

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Did we have Dragic on the team when Morey first got Lin?

7. pnr

pnr Member

Yep. Dragic was the backup to Lowry I believe.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pretty sure rudy gay did a good job doing that all by himself.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I know Dragic is scoring the best out of the three ATM, but I'd still take Lowry any day of the week. Dude is a straight bulldog and we need someone like that on this team. Beverly is similar but Lowry is just a much, much better player.

Miss the bowling ball.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If we had a new coach and your Morey would you put Lowry back on this team or no?

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I think all 3 guys are pretty much the same overall. Gotta wonder how Lowry or Dragic would do playing beside Harden. Most likely they would end up standing around waiting for Harden's pass that didn't come.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If Kyle was on this team we don't get Harden or Dwight

13. MorningDew

MorningDew Member

Lowry + Lin + Dragic + Parsons + D-Howard can be deadly... wish it can happen.. maybe in video game

14. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

LOL, why track them when you can have all three.

15. conquistador#11

they would have similar numbers to lin here, except their t.os might be .5 less. It takes a change to your game playing within a teen wolf set. their assists would be down since everybody's three point shot has been down and how are they going to score what they score when they'd only take 9-10 shots. Both lin and gogi get to the line about the same. unless, they can find a way to make one basket 4 points, they're S.O.L

but go on thinking they'd do better here. It's kind of clear that it isn't mchale that calls the isos, what makes you think harden would defer? because coach suggests it? ha. he is harden!

another thing, D. The more lowry played the less effective he was. GOgi couldn't guard the pick and role hence got tortured in the last seven games causing us the 8th seed.

when lin drops 30 and 25 pts again on these guys, like he did earlier this year and last season to gogi, nevermind. numbers don't mean a thing to you guys, unless they go against Lin.

1 person likes this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm well we had to trade Lowry to get Harden..

I think Lowry would fit in very well here. Depending on how much I had to give up, I'd consider.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

I am not sure if lowery would go back to houston, this guy is daily on tv here in canada, something like kardshian's medica cover . Anyhow, i just watch the raptor kicking the Indiana Pacer, thanks mostly to lowry, he draw fouls against Hippert made awosome plays ,,,well let's sadly say he played like a point guard that we dont have now

18. pnr

pnr Member

"I don't think so," Lowry told the newspaper about playing under McHale. "I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

"If things aren't addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved."

19. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Yep, saw Lowry and the Raptors kick @ss tonite. It's great that Lowry likes to be on TV but I'm sure the tanking Masai is not happy that Lowry is kicking @ss. I think Morey shouldn't let pride get in the way and should make a call to Masai. I know Lowry and McHale had beef but who cares, they're both professionals and we can all pray that McHale won't be here for long.

20. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Dragic and Jeremy have very similar style, but Dragic does everything a little better.

Lowry seems happy in Toronto and has been playing out of his mind lately. Not sure if he'd play like that if he's in Houston and unhappy.