1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale isn't built for this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Specs, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

He probably does. It's happened so often in the past. If McHale actually wanted a change we should have seen it by now.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

Pretty sure McHale drew up something that was meh, and Harden just knew that he would take it regardless.

Our offense comes to an extreme halt at times, and our defense is a joke. Yes, players are missing, but implement a system and get your player in check, that might help us win a few of the games against the Jazz, 76ers, etc.

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

you want mike brown?

4. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I know, Mchale is a great coach. I hope Rockets will resign Coach McHale for another 3 years when his contract is up.:)

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Jeremy Lin should coach this team.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

McHale is scared to put Harden in check. Morey gave Harden the keys to this ship so McHale better not get out of line. How many times have Howard called Harden out and dude keeps reverting back to lazy defense and 100% iso in crunch time.

Bring Coach JVG, Sloan, or Larry Brown.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade McHale for Adelman
    Adelman is a offensive coach, but his defensive system is better than McHale

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Harden was worn out at the end of the game. Also why the hell were we taking threes when up by 6 with just a few minutes left?

End rant.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That's all on both Harden and the Coach. If dude was worn out he should have passed the ball. Coach should have known and put him on the bench.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No, that is actually his plan.

11. hamsession

hamsession Member

McHale's biggest problem is that he can't control his star players. Phil Jackson could do it with Jordan, Bryant, Shaq. Pop could do it with Duncan and Parker.

McHale will just turn the other way because he doesn't want to upset Harden and then take it out on someone he knows won't fight back.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Have you been in the locker room? He could scream at harden after every game for what we know.

What we need is kg or another vet with some heart. We need a
    Player to help the coach with the stars. We have no vets worth a damn right now.

13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I would not give up on Mchale just yet. He is not in JVG league though. JVG could win a championship with this roster.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Coaches like Pop and Jackson knew how to handle big personalities like Harden. We also needs veteran leadership just like you suggested.

What does being in the locker room has to do with anything. Ole buddy response was right on point as well.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Screw McHale and his 8-man rotations.

Meanwhile, SAC used an 11-man rotation yesterday. All played at least 7 minutes.

16. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

McHale is a development coach best described as a players manager. He is not a good game coach who makes tough decisions during game plays. His only plays so far is keep yelling at his lesser players for more energy. MEH!

17. visible

visible Member

He is very stubborn and slow thinking coach. But the way he bend over Harden make me think he is the stupid coach too.

18. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

I would take anyone over Mchale at this point.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

McHale looked like he knew what he was doing when we had our mediocre team which means i don't think he knows how to handle a team like this

20. adobo

adobo Member

This thread can probably be merged with the other main McHale thread.

I wouldn't give up on Kevin that easily. He has not been perfect, but you also have to give him some slack.

This team has had a plague injury, tiring schedule and Asik dilemma and the team's record currently stands at 21-13 which is not a disaster (although lower than expected)

I would give it close to the end of the season before i make my judgement.