1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most important tandem...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Drexlerfan22, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

That poll on espn is bs. It asks "Over the last 20 years, which NBA tandem has been the most important to their team?" The results so far are:

Jordan/Pippen Bulls: 56.8%

Kobe/Shaq Lakers: 27.3%

Stockton/Malone Jazz: 15.7%

I mean, c'mon, when Jordan left in 1994, the Bulls dropped two games! Two! Sure, Horace Grant, Steve Kerr, B.J. Armstrong, Toni Kukoc, Dennis Rodman, Charles Oakley and Luc Longley isn't exactly a list of great players... neither is Horry, Fisher, Fox, Harper, A.C. Green, Horace Grant, Mitch Richmond and Lindsey Hunter. But who did the Jazz have? Hornacek, Russell? Eisley, Anderson, Foster, Carr, Keefe, Ostertag?

I'm not seeing this 15.7% stuff.

2. Just B

Just B Member

I agree with the poll. I was a HUGE Bulls fan before Pippen got traded to the Rockets (which is when i started liking the Rox) so I'm kind of biased, but Jordan and Pippen were the most important to their team's success in my opinion.

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with the poll too:

Jordan/Pippen- Won 6 titles

Shaq/Kobe- It's almost a tie with Stockton/Malone, even though i think its pretty much Shaq, cuz i seriously think Kobe wouldnt have any rings without Shaq

Stockton/Malone- Close 2nd only reason i put them 3rd was because they have no rings.

4. min

min Member

let's hope yao ming and franchise can join this list some day

5. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

It says the last 20 years and no mention on Magic/Jabbar?!? :eek:

Weak ass poll!

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

BTW - I missed Bigg and Bags on their list. Not even a mention.

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Of course, when Jordan came back in 1995, the Bulls were 34-31. After he came back, they went 13-4 to finish the season...Oh yeah, they also went 72-10 the next season. Think they would have done that without Jordan?

Yeah, I'd say the Jordan/Pippen combo was pretty important...

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The problem with the 15.7% is the degree of duo-ness of the choices. Stockton & Malone were a definite duo that really had a rapport that could not be replicated if you switch out one or the other for an equally talented part. Jordan & Pippen and O'Neal & Bryant don't have that degree of integration. If you replaced Bryant with McGrady, I don't think it'd be any different. If you replaced Malone with Webber, it would be different.