1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/28/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2013.

1. ILoveWhiteGirls

Lin and TJones, work so well together. They are the X-Factor.

2. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

If Beverley had the same game Lin had, with not much to show in the first 3 quarters, and just 6 points and a key rebound in the 4th quarter, and holding Holloday in check all game, he'd be getting praised as Pat "the answer" Beverley.

3. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Two words - D, fence.

4. bws

bws Member

I think what's missing is in 1Q especially, he had some nice assists. I like that he focused on that in this game. If your shot isn't falling, the points could come from your getting your team mates going. As for Coach, stop the nonsense and having Lin play on eggshells. Find that balance that gets on him for bonehead plays or lack of aggression vs. singling out one of your top players on the team and taking him out too long when he screws up. IF he screws up, take him out for a few minutes then put him back in and say, go out there and play up to your capabilities when you have the full squad. Make Lin your top option PG at crucial points in the game.

5. bws

bws Member

He passed it to Parsons more than Harden when both were on the court except for Q4.

6. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Crazy thing is, Garcia 3's aren't much off his career average.. 34.3% - 36%. He just can't hit anything else!! 38.9FG% - 43.0 and 63.6FT - 80.7%

Yeah, defense is debatable. Rebounding is advantage Beverley. Patrick needs to make open 3's.

True, the rebs and blocks are great. The easy buckets has him at 51.0FG% and dude can't eve shoot a jumper. He's getting better positionally playing defense too.

His ugly form scares me.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Because that is what is expected of Beverly (defense and not much scoring). On the other hand scoring is what is expected from Lin, which is why he comes off the bench when Beverly is healthy. We have enough scorers in the first unit and not enough in the second.

According to all the LOF's JLin is a superstar. He is getting paid way more money than Beverly so he should not even be able to be compared to Beverly. Lin is a victim of his own fans at times, who build him up as a Tony Parker or Steve Nash when he is not there yet, I believe he will be but not without a big push from his Coaches, this is one of the few times where I agree with Mchale.

2 people like this.
  9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Some of y'all just won't let the LOF thing die. Have to bring it up in every thread that is made in the GARM..bwhahahahahaha

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah but this time it's coming from an actual Jeremy Lin fan this time, the difference is I'm a Rockets fan first. I do not hate Jeremy Lin. And LOF's exist, so yeah, that's why I brought it up.

11. bws

bws Member

Lin isn't about just scoring though. That's the fallacy. He takes around 9-13 shots a game. Tyrike Evans is in a similar role as Lin is when Bev is healthy and he took 21 shots last night. I think the most shots Lin has put up was 19 in OT games this year and 21 in an OT game last year, not playing 32 minutes like Evans did. Watching Lin in the first quarter, he was looking to pass, not so much score. He's not looking to come of of the bench and score, that's just not his game. Lin is a playmaker too.

I haven't seen a lot of posts calling Lin a superstar, just a lot of posters claiming there's an army of LOFs calling him a superstar in quite awhile. There are mostly posters saying he's a capable and improving player that can help the team win and seems to be treated differently than other good players.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lin would probably tell you he was happier being an SG in College, that's my guess. I'm not saying he can create but once he gets that look on his face, he is a layup machine.

13. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Good response. But I'd put him in the list of troll and ignore him though...

14. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

Unfortunately for Lim, if he doesn't have good start, there is no chance to finish.
    Had Pat Bev being available, surely Lin will be benched in the fourth if he scores 0 pt thru out 3 quarters. Whereas Monty will still play Jholiday in the fourth after shooting 1/7, 1/8 or 1/9 .

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why feed the frenzy though, it's pointless IMO. But hey carry on..LOL

Hoopfan who are you talking about pimpn?

16. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

8 out of 10 times our bench cant keep the lead, they have got to play better and play team ball getting wide open looks. I am a little worried how much we play our starters too, we aren't even half way and they are logging in tons of minutes a game.

Good win though, I was worried towards the end. I would have been pisses if AB cost us the game with his bone headed Tech in the 4th.

17. Chris Jent MVP

Putting Lin on the bench only disguises the problem with the bench's lack of output.

The best 5 players (starters) need to be on the court together as often as possible. Morey needs to fix the bench. Demoting a starter to the bench is not the solution.

18. Chris Jent MVP

Thats why Bev belongs on the bench. Scorers should be in the starting lineup. No more 5 vs 4 on offense.

19. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Your point is partially correct. Per your point, Lin should not be blamed when he plays not good D because Lin is brought in for his offense?

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed.