1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K14 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikennite, Jul 26, 2013.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah I know.

I'm actually running MyPlayer mode now. Got drafted 15th overall by the Bucks and just requested a trade. We are currently 5-3 thanks to me yet I still want to leave for the Rockets, Heat, or Bulls cause their teams are just that much better.

Has anyone found a good/smooth release for their players, I've tried 1 (I believe, which is a quick release) but I just switched to release 13 to see how that works.

I'm a 6'7" PG with an 80 passer rating already but am working on getting my 3 point shot over 70 before working on any other attributes, currently at 59.

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I have Caanan as my start too. He averages like 17 and 8, I've been on a 5 game win streak since he's been inserted as the starter.

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

6'4'' or 6'5'' PG here, can't remember what I created. Drafted by the Kangs. I think I need to up the difficulty, b/c my numbers are ridiculous. I think I'll play it through first, then go back and create a new player and play on a harder difficulty.

We've lost like...5 games and it's a few games after the AS break. The games we lost were basically the ones when they wouldn't let you play at the beginning.

I've found the game quite buggy though. For example, when you are challenged to outplay Melo. I did so handily, and even the announcers make a comment about, never call him out on social media. Yet it said after the game I shrunk in the spotlight. Really? I had a double-double with over 50 points and flirted with a triple-double.

Anyway, it's enjoyable to me. I wish they did something more along the lines of Fight Night Champion though. The cutscenes here are super ghetto lookin with unicolor texures, hahah.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's pretty good, you probably have it on Pro level since your getting 50 a game. It gets much harder once you up the levels to Superstar and HOF settings.

What shooting release number are you using? I used 13 release in NBA2K13 but I'm having trouble finding another smooth release for my shot on 2K14 so far.

I agree on the cut scenes, I just skip thru them and get to the game, it's basically the same set up as 2K13 so I can go without seeing that mess.

5. EssTooKayTD

I forget exactly on my shooting release, but I use Harden as the animation. It just works for me. It's quick enough, but not weird like say Shawn Marion.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's on Pro. I even took one game and wanted to see if I could beat Wilt's single game scoring record. I did. Ended up with 112 or something. A bit silly, so I really just want to rush through this and really go at it on HoF or something to really stress about making a team and whatnot.

So to make this easy season go by faster, I shortened the quarters. I'm really tempted to request a trade to the Rockets, b/c they are in the top 3 teams that covet me apparently.

I get tired of looking at Cousins's face of disdain hahaha

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I also like Harden's release.

I guess I have to sit down and really look for what would fit closest to his release.

For me the quarters were too short, I could barely get in 6 points and a couple assists because of the PT I was getting. I'm up to 6th man bench role minutes (21 MPG) but that was still not enough so I bumped the quarters up to 8. Now I'm averaging about 17 a game with 4 assists, thru 2 games so far.

I hope I get traded to the Rockets but the teams interested in me were GSW and LAC to start so I guess we'll see who the Bucks find as the best trade partner for them.

Good luck to you!

7. EssTooKayTD

I played both the current gen and next gen versions of this game. Not sure which one you are on. But on the current gen, you can crack the starting lineup quickly. On the next gen, they make you wait until something like 30 games in.

Yeah with short quarters it's really hard to make an impact. Do they give more "credit" for good teammate plays with the shorter quarters? I always wondered, but never gave it the attention to actually see.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Honestly, I don't believe the quarter length affects the teammate grades, besides you possibly not having enough time with shorter quarters to reach A+ level.

9. EssTooKayTD

Yeah that's what I meant. Like making a bucket gives you X points with 6 min quarters. but the same action gives you say half of that if you are runnin 12 min quarters.

Doesn't seem that way.

10. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I've always used Ray Allen's release. Easiest to me

11. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Almost had a quadruple double until I was subbed out and put back in the 4th quarter with 6 seconds left to win the game. SMH I won the game of course on a layup but i wanted my quad.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Once you in increase the level of difficulty it will change. If you're making 80% of your shots on Pro you'll probably go down to 30-40% of your shots on HOF, unless your player is at all 99 ratings in his shooting fields.

How do you get the name releases to show? Maybe I didn't scroll far enough but all I have is numbered releases. Like I said I'll have to check when I get home so I can adjust. Honestly I would like Isiah Canaans release if possible.

13. joesr

joesr Member

Use the All star break as a book mark to change your dif. that's what I usually do if I find im winning too much

14. joesr

joesr Member

ETK, do you play online in myplayer as well for next gen? Im not liking park mode, waiting for games stink

have you heard if something is gonna change that mode? Locker mode from current gen was so much better

15. EssTooKayTD

I haven't tried yet. I'm pretty addicted to see how the first season of the next gen mycareer plays out.

It seems like a cool idea...except everyone looks probably generally the same outside of head and facial hair. I mean, spend a few hundred VC to improve my player or spend 5000 VC on some kicks? Stupid...am I missing something?

Face customization being reduced was a big bummer I discovered when creating MyPlayer.

I'll have to try park mode soon. As far as Multiplayer, I get my kicks from Battlefield 4 for that, or just playing against a friend who I know will play straight up. I always found in my limited online sports gaming, people cheese like crazy. Is it still like that?

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I play at the park its a great idea but the execution is horrible. They should of just gave the user the option to play 2v2 3v3 or 5v5. Instead of waiting and calling for next game. It has serious connection issues, sometimes it won't let the game start up and it can sometimes completely shut down 2k14 and force you to restart the game. They brag on how 100 people can be in one park simultaneously but its pretty glitchy when a lot of users are in one park. Overall gameplay is ok at the park not to much cheese. Mainly your teammates will pass you the ball because it's not that easy to dominate scoring.

17. mikennite

mikennite Member

Are the servers down for anyone else for PS4? I can't seem to get on

18. k-money

k-money Member

there down on xbox one too

19. mikennite

mikennite Member

Damn they've been down since yesterday

20. joesr

joesr Member

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one feeling upset over "The Park" play.

Calling next and waiting 4-8 minutes for that game is garbage. I really hope they go back to the current gen style.