1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/25/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Even if we beat the best or at worst the second best team in the west at the minute on their floor, if Lin is not the star, they will whine. If Harden has a bad game, they are all here to gloat as well.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

probably could, if we have a another SG on the same level as him

too bad we don't even have a back up shooting guard

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I joined here hoping toney Douglas would start

4. Dementium

Dementium Member

Honestly don't care either way who starts. We really haven't had a stretch of games where we can see if it works or not (i.e. Lin on bench). One of Bev, Lin or Harden being injured has kinda derailed the experiment.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

now explain to me why Harden came off the bench in OKC

is it because selfolosha is better than Harden?

same logic applies here for Lin

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol that was hilarious !
    Almost choked on a piece of tapioca.

7. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Wrong

Go back through the last 10 pages and quote three instances where 'Lin fans' started anything. Win or lose, it's these Lin haters like yourself who goes on these rants. 'Trade Lin' because you can't deal with his fans? Lin played a pretty good game. Some just opined that maybe he should be the starter going forward. Others say he should be that spark off the bench. If anything, it's these Beverly fans who is getting defensive every time Lin plays well

We all should root for the Rockets as a team and root for everybody to play well.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

More quality post-game posts like this, please.

I agree this was one of Lin's best games. It's a shame he dominates every discussion as Terrence Jones and Chandler Parsons were both exceptional tonight and the superstars did what they do best, but Lin really was solid. If his opponent is kept in check, and Lin is really limiting the turnovers while making plays and scoring efficiently, then there is a legit argument about who should start. The problem is we don't see this as often. Beverley consistently brings defense and plays off of the Rockets' best scorers, though we'll have plenty of time with Beverley out to see how this shakes out.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

One thing that I loved from this game was McHale's willingness to adapt the offense to best attack the opponent at hand. Before this game I didn't know whether he would just try ride Dwight all game but our pace and P&R volume shows that both he and Dwight are willing to adjust to best attack the opponent. And that is going to be very important come playoff time.

10. booster rocket

Keep bev as starting pg methinks. Harden is able to carry the playmaking role. Lin would be a nice fit as we saw tonite withstarting 5, but until asik is traded, lin must be sixth man to hold down the fort. Need to beef up bench. Either way, I think morey is gonna unload Lin in feb if he can. And I think all the trade rumours has lin picking up the slack a bit on D. Haren carries the team on his back at the end of the day. As does howard. Just need more time to gel is all. Good game guys!!!!

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Much needed win by them Red Nation Rockets Boyz

12. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Got kinda worried there where McHale kept Dwight on the bench for so long to start the 4th. Finally got back in at the 7 minute mark. Thought it might've come back to bite the Rockets. Luckily it didn't.

13. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Lin is a way better scorer correct? During this stretch that Lin has been out with injury, we still were building leads but losing them because we dont have a consistent scorer off the bench. Bev doesnt hurt our starting lineup. That is why i believe Lin is so valuable off the bench. But somehow playing equal minutes with Bev but with the second unit is an insult to the Lin worshipers. I just think it makes our team the most dangerous.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I think I know how this house was built since I'm part of the original tenants

The ones who joined for the original reason

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Lin did a great job on Tony Parker, that was a huge part of the win tonight.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Dwight can be effective so many ways. He did not score 30' but he had 20 boards and controlled the paint. Harden is our offense, Howard the paint protector and Parsons the perimeter shooter.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

First of all, let me say I have nothing against Lin Fan

[​IMG]

She's really good with the sword dancing stuff!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic_games/world_olympic_dreams/9192121.stm
    Ahahahahahaha:grin::grin:

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yep he was aggressive and great. Lin was superb and really controlled the game. He played like a pure point guard.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Hey Tinman....Give it a rest already.

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member