1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/25/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2013.

1. allaroundplayer

I don't think the Rockets would have won this game w/o Lin since it was pretty much decided by the great start.

2. SPBR

SPBR Member

T-Mac's 13 in 33 probably still gives him fits.

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

This thread is another example of why Lin needs to be traded. Let some other team deal with these Lin fans. I joined the message board a fan of Lin but you guys make me hate him.

Bev is the starter, lin leads the bench. Stop this, well bench Howard then, bench Parsons then.

Parsons starts because he gives us something other players do not. He doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective, he can slash etc. Lin's skill set is replicated in the starting line-up with Harden and we have another ball dominate guy in Howard with his post ups.

When Lin starts you complain about how he doesn't have the ball enough, when he leads the second unit you complain he should start. You guys really don't care about the team, only that one player.

Before people point on my username,
    1. HardenWay is a term Worrell uses when Harden gets a 3 point play the hard way.

2. I have repeatedly examined and acknowledge the flaws in Harden's game.

3. Harden accepted his role as the 6th man when he was a better 2 guard than Thabo, and Lin has accepted the role...now you fans need to.

Every thread, win or lose the discussion becomes about Lin, started by Lin fans. Go find a Jeremy Lin message board or start one yourself.

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

One of the rare times I agree with Bill Simmons.

1 person likes this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Man the spurs hack more than any other team in the league and consistently get away with it. I thought the refs were watching a different game. Between that and the missed fts I was concerned but we have a great looking core.

This is the Dwight Howard we signed up for. He's been playing tremendous.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Agreed, ignoring the Lin fans who annoy the hell out of me I love having Bev and Lin on the same team.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Who is it hard to get harden hot? He played the way that true franchise superstars play. He got his teammates involved the first 3 quarters taking easy shots when open. Then when the 4th hit and the game got close what did he do? That's right scored 11 straight points had 16 for the quarter and took us home with the win. There's only about 5 players in the league that can do what harden just did and believe it or not he's done it many times before for us.

Dwight's the man and equally as important but harden is going to be the one to take us to the promise land. He has the rock in his hands the last 5 min and best off all he's not scared to take the game over and that's really rare for a player his age.

....... True superstar, he showed today why he was rated 4th best player in the game and why he is better than all the other young up and coming players. (Paul George, Bledsoe, curry) he can lock down defend also when
    Need be, this is how I expect harden to play the rest of the way. I'm sure he'll have games as all young players do but he's growing right before our eyes. He's a smart player and stupid talented, I'm so glad he's a rocket and we have great times with him and Howard for the next 10 yrs.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/df9s9G6r490" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Lins contract makes him untradeable so you will get your wish.

10. RRockets

RRockets Member

wow, Tony Parker had 6 pts and 4 ast only

11. kastuul

kastuul Member

In fact, Last time Parker got lots of points when he was guarded by PB.

12. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Yep. Harden accepted his role as the 6th man, which is why he's still in Oklahoma. Wait...oops.

But you're right. Harden paid his dues by playing 6th man. What has Lin done? Pay his way through college? Play in the D-league? Sit at the end of the bench? That's irrelevant. You gotta play 6th man for at least a season or two. Then, when you're 26 or 27, you might deserve to start. But pay your dues, man!

13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Mchale begs to differ

14. Progs

Progs Member

Great win tonight by the good guys. :)

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

HARDEN you MAGNAFICENT b*stard

16. allaroundplayer

Minnesota might want to trade for Lin.

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

He's probably going to be traded eventually. The only question is whether the team will actually be better off.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Seems like a lot of "fans" don't know how to enjoy a win.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Merry Christmas To the real rockets fans !

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

28 points on 28 shots