1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley out with fractured hand (UPDATE: Bev out 4-6 weeks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2013.

1. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol this is their theory, when we lose games to tough opponents, they think that Lin would have been our lord and savior and we would have won the game, like the Indiana game.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You should work for Hallmark.

3. ling ling

ling ling Member

That's nuts.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

My criticism of Lin has been all constructive. I just feel he's been grossly overrated by his fans, nothing personal. All I'm saying is now is the time we see how good he truly is. You guys have been saying all season Lin needs a chance, well this is moment. Is he a star or role player? Starter or bench warmer? Is he a playmaker or turnover machine? Good or atrocious defender? All these questions will be answered in the next month or two. But ain't no excuses afterwards

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

without turning BEVs thread into a lin thread, i completely agree. The trade deadline is in February, BEV will be out about a month, So lin will have a full month and right before the trade deadline to prove himself. I hope he does well for the sake of the team, because i want us to win. So if there any Linsanity left, he needs to show it now. No more excuses about his injury, or "well he did good to start the season, look at his stats" none of that, he needs to show he can lead this team, and that he's capable of helping this team win a championship.This is do or die for Lins career as a rocket. He's already been thrown around as a trade option, and having a 8million dollar backup isn't what the rockets want. So he has to show not only that he can perform, but that he can without a doubt be the starting center. There shouldn't be a debate between a player being paid 800k a year and one being paid 8 million. It's go time for lin

I personally don't think he has it in him, and that linsanity was just a fluke and string of good luck against mediocre teams give or take 1-2. I just don't think he's capable and the player for us, but for the team, i hope he proves me wrong. I hope he goes out there and averages 20/7 for the next month straight. but only time will tell.

6. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

And if he plays better than beverly, you LOF haters gonna agree that LIN should be the starter? If not STFU.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

starting PG*

8. bbsuser

bbsuser Member

It's not "do or die for Lins career as a rocket" anyway, Jeremy will be traded if Morey finds a taker. Besides he doesn't need to prove anything to you. You are not worth it.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I don't understand why Lin still has to prove to his haters. He's already proven he can be a near average starting PG in this league last season despite of a low usage. He's proven early this season he can improve his shooting and play off ball. I don't understand why he still has to prove anything. You can argue fit and what's not, but he's clearly better as a player than Bev. And if you compare salary, his production is about the same for the players paid around his money. And let's not forget, when Morey signed Lin, it was signed for his potential, and Lin has proven he's still growing and improving. Point is Lin don't have to prove anything to anyone. I just hope for the team's sake, he will continue improving and fit better in our system.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So has it been reported how long he is out for?

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

12. webattorney

webattorney Member

Whether he starts or not is not the issue; it's whether Harden plays or not that will determine whether Lin will get his stats. A funny thing is even if Lin averages let's say 18/6+ over next 10 games, Mac will still start Bev over Lin once Bev's injury heals because in his opinion, Bev just fits better with Harden.

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

6 weeks is damn long. Hope he returns earlier like beginning of the season.

Big blow to our defense.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think you will see more efficient Harden with Lin. Bev godbless him has very little offensive repatoire so teams know they can freely double Harden without the Risk of letting Bev get loose. Lin is not like that as he can create if you play off him and that opens up things for James.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LMAO.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Going in surgery in a few. Quick prayer <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RedNation&amp;src=hash">#RedNation</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TheReturn&amp;src=hash">#TheReturn</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/statuses/415170544460247040">December 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Sounds a lot more like a dislocated broken bone than a fractured one. 6-8 weeks usually needed.

17. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

This entire post is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

Lin doesn't need to prove to anyone, yes, you included. He proved himself last season by starting all 82 games in Rockets uniform, whether you like it or not. He proved even more with his improved game this season, starting or coming from the bench, simply doing what the coach asked him to.

If you want to set the bar ridiculously high for the prestigious Rockets starting PG role, exclusively for Lin, while making it extremely low for Bev or anyone else. That's fine. It's a message board, hometown of hypocrisy. But do have some common sense, 20/7 guy don't get paid 8 million, while being questioned by random fans for qualification of starting.

At the time of signing, I felt 8 million was too much, and now that 8 million from the bench sounds even more. But that's Les' money, and I didn't have to fork in one single penny. Besides, as discussed in other threads, without overpaying Asik and Lin, we wouldn't have filled those two positions with "even such low quality", and certainly we wouldn't have reached playoffs last year.

Being part of trade rumors/talks is just part of NBA life, even max players can't escape that fate. But I am perfectly fine to trade Lin, as long as we get some value back, and fill the PG position with someone.

By then, Asians on this board, maybe, just maybe, will be allowed to talk about Bev or Harden, without offending some sensitive souls and triggering accusation of "wrong" agenda or motive.

Before this thread gets further derailed. I wish PB a speedy and full recovery.

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Didn't know Sacramento was now a tough opponent. Not saying anything about Indiana, but we could've definitely beaten Sacramento with a healthy Lin. And considering we only lost to Portland by a few points, I think we could have definitely won that too with a healthy Lin

19. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

It was funny that when Bev came back from injury he was playing starter minutes. He wasnt producing but he was still given the play time and the same people who are crying no excuses for Lin were saying he was injured.

In the two games Lin comes back from injury Sampson plays him sparse minutes in short bursts because he's not in rhythm, without of course giving him a chance to get in rhythm. It's nice when coaches show their biases so blatantly. Though it can be argued the Bev decision was McHale's.

Regardless, I hope Lin does well, and we win games and ups his trade value before the deadline.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think it's a displaced fracture.