1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jenny Dial Creech: The Voice of the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Dec 19, 2013.

1. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

I'm still confused why not a single person has linked to one of her articles in this thread. I think she doesn't exist and OP uses her as a pseudonym to post his own opinions.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I met her a couple times while I was at OU a few years back and had classes in the journalism hall. One of my best friends, who's now EIC for SoonersIllustrated.com, worked under her when she was editor of the school paper and swears by her awesomeness. She's pretty cool and not above having a twitter convo with you.

https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rockets happy that Asik is staying, ready to work together

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...-that-asik-is-staying-ready-to-work-together/

Rockets backup center Omer Asik didn’t pack his bags to leave the team Thursday, despite reports his departure was imminent.

His teammates were happy about the news.

Asik didn’t practice and left early to see a doctor about his knee, which recently has started to bother him.

Players at practice hope Asik is healthy soon and available to play.

“He’s great for our team,” guard James Harden said. “He’s one of the best big men in the NBA, defensively as well. He complements our team so well. We’re fortunate to have him on our team.”

Workable combination

In the midst of all the trade talk over the last month, players say they have tried to block it out and focus on their goals on the court.

Forward Chandler Parsons said the Rockets (17-9) are ready to get on with the season even as the trade talks persist.

“We don’t think about that when the ball goes up in the games, but it has definitely been a cloud over our team’s head,” Parsons said. “We just want to have our final roster, and we want to go forward and get better with the guys we have. If Omer is here, that is great, and let’s get to work and start playing together.”

Center Dwight Howard, who took Asik’s starting spot this season, hopes Asik comes back and helps the team win.

Howard said he and Asik can be a good combination. But making that combo work is going to take some compromise.

“Like we said at the beginning of the year, it is going to take a total team effort for us to win a championship,” Howard said. “I know he has had a rough time, but the only thing we can do as a team is continue to lift him up, continue to try to help him understand that he is a big part of the team.

“I know he might not feel that way, but he is.”

Must embrace role

Howard said that although he was the one who took Asik’s role and minutes, the two get along well and have worked well together.

“We need him now to get healthy,” Howard said. “We want him to play. It’s not like we don’t want him here We understand all the things he has had to deal with – being the starter last year, me coming in and being the starter.

“That can be tough, but we all have to make sacrifices to win, and he has to be willing to make a sacrifice. We are here for him, and we will do whatever it takes.”

Now the Rockets hope Asik can take his role and make it work.

“Hopefully, he comes back and makes an impact, because we’re going to go far with him, especially on that second unit,” Harden said. “I know he doesn’t really like that role, but in order for us to go far, he is going to have to embrace it.”

Guard Jeremy Lin said Asik has been professional since the trade discussions began.

“He is showing up and working hard, so we are just moving forward until we hear anything different,” Lin said. “For us right now, he is just injured and is coming back.”

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Megan or I forgot her name was hotter. What happened to her ?

5. N/A

N/A Member

I actually find her writing to be quite atrocious. Those few days she took over for Feigen during his vacation a few weeks back just proved how terrible she is. But that's just me....

6. Flops

Flops Member

I read that article and didn't have any problems with it. #hatersgonnahate

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

I had no idea Dave Chappelle, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Don Rickles, Bill Hicks, Groucho Marx, Buster Keaton and Mark Twain were all Australian...

Perhaps Charlie Chaplin... oh wait, he was British... Fine, I'll give you Ricky Gervais, he's passable at least.... I'll be damned... He's British, as well...

Who are these Australian kings you speak of... Are you referring to contemporary comedians...? I'm inclined to believe it... It can't be difficult to top America's mainstream offering of Dane Cook and "Fluffy"...

1 person likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can almost envision someone uses the Scola meme: "She look ok." :grin:

Seriously, she's pretty good, someone with substance, better than a lot of those national media people. The name is a bit of a distraction though. "Dial Creech" sounds like something waiting to be joked about.

9. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Sounds like something that comes out of an animal

10. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

I find it interesting that her photo was linked even before an actual article she has written was linked.

Shortly followed up by people rating her attractiveness.

Heaven forbid you just judge someone on the job they do. You know, like a human being.

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

[​IMG]

I think Jonathan Feigen does a pretty good job, although I prefer his twitter to his to his articles, as he feels more comfortable inserting humor there.

But honestly, the best Rockets beat reporter is Clutch. A good writer, backs up his comments with appropriate facts, and has opinions I can respect even when I disagree. Too bad he writes so infrequently.

1 person likes this.
  12. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

I've been leery of Dial Creech ever since making the move from HS sports at the Chron to the Rockets, mostly due because she's been a San Antonio Spurs fan up until she took this job. (It even said it on her twitter bio back then)

She's done a very solid job so far.

Big fan of Jason Friedman's work though.

13. jocar

jocar Member

Oh damn! loool

[​IMG]

^^Voice of Aus.
    R.i.P.
    ~June 2013 - December 2013~

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

It was a good run while it lasted. Off to jerrylin.net for me

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I'm not sure when she started exactly but I've been seeing her tweets retweeted quite a bit daily and she seems to be up to speed and active. Overall, it seems like she's doing a very solid job and its been nice having three solid reporters (Creech and Feigan on top of Freidman) for the Rockets this season.

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Friedman's clearly the best writer of the group. It's just his writing is necessarily slanted bc he's part of the organization. But he's definitely the best at writing.

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

People who have three names bothers me.

I kinda hate owning Michael Carter-Williams on my fantasy team.

1 person likes this.
  18. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

On a side note people with three names is sort of a pet peeve of mine. Just pick two like everybody else! Michael Williams, Michael Gilchrist, Jennifer Creech/Jennifer Dial (in her case she could use a completely new one lol jk)

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think he means her writing is too simplistic, at least that's how I see it.

20. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Fudge,he looks Evil as hell