1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

morey a real troller

2. Nook

Nook Member

You are willing to take back two over paid players with contracts that hurt our ability to aquire a 3 elite player? I do not especially love or hate Bass and while I think Lee is what the team needs to back up Harden, I don't think it is worth having a huge hole at back up center and no cap flexibility.

I expect the Rockets to make more moves as we get closer to February, including a veteran 4 and a quality back up 2.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If the Rockets could get Hawes and Young, than I would be ecstatic.

This team needs to start setting itself up for a championship. Not flexibility, unless they are confident they can land Kevin Love or Aldridge.

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Other GMs are afraid of Dork Elvis styling all over them?

[​IMG]

5. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

I'd say forget the pick. And throw in D-Mo who wouldn't see the floor anyway. You get rid of two players who don't want to be here, get a versatile 3/4 who does want to be here, and a 4/5 playing for a new contract. Philly gets Asik who they were interested in all along and a young project in D-Mo.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Rockets are in win now mode and Asik is a zero for us...so yes, I'd rather have people that can make us a better team than a player that is doing his best to ditch the Rockets. I dont think we will get offers that people are hoping for...and I certainly think its a long shot to get a 3rd star, unless we are willing to part ways with Lin and Parsons, but that still wouldnt guarantee anything.

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I would love to have Courtney Lee back on the Rockets. Perfect 2/3 defender and has a great attitude. I wish a three team deal with Hawes and Lee coming to Houston would make would happen. It would make me think that Morey is a magician. I know many would balk at a straight up Courtney Lee trade (3 million needs to be accounted for) but I would take it. Lee really is a great defender and he is not a offensive liability either. They really could use a junk yard dog like Lee at the 2/3.

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Well now i want Thad Young- LOL... the guy wants to come to Houston
    and is excited, unlike our friend Omer Asik...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha Ömer was one of the few guys crying a river on a contender not on a bad team

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is the kind of trade I've been hoping would materialize. Hawes and Young seem like a perfect fit here. Worry about the summer of 2015 after next season. Surely Thad Young with 1 season left on his contract shouldn't be hard to trade if the need arose.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Also, another thing about Bass and Lee keeping us from acquiring a 3rd star...It's sexy to have a 3rd star, but absolutely not necessary to win. The Spurs had the championship in their hands with a few seconds left in the 6th game and let it slip...the Pacers look to be neck and neck with the Heat. Team chemistry with 2 superstars trumps a team with 3 superstars.

Our team right now is built to win...we need perimeter defense and some depth. And health wouldnt hurt too. In any case, I dont think the team should keep from adding pieces now because they are worried they cant get Love later.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Morey trolling the NBA!

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

...well All-Stars have a higher value.

14. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

HAHHAHAHAH. This is why I love Daryl Morey.

He is still fishing for takers you can tell.

Trolling to the Extremes now!

BTW pretty cool you got Daryl Morey to follow you!

15. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I would think so. See Hinkie failed to leave out those details. Now that the Asik trade talks were stopped or suspended. All the dirty laundry is coming out.

Examples

Kobe out for 6 weeks
    Thad Young already submitted a formal trade request weeks ago.

Next we might hear that Rondo really doesn't bleed green anymore.
    #Wishful Thinking

Hence no more leverage Hinkie. Pony up!

#5035 TheDr34m, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  16. htown1984

htown1984 Member

what has Doc Rocket now twitted?

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'd think this levels the playing field if a deal were to happen between us and the sixers. Neither would have clear leverage but I think dm would be able to get closer to real value since the bind is on hinkie as well.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

if morey doesn't make a trade tonight he loses any leverage he had and credible

1 person likes this.
  19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

How so? If he doesn't make a trade tonight I'd think its because he doesn't feel like he's got enough leverage to get a good enough deal done which implies he thinks he can get more leverage at the feb 20 deadline (which I'm inclined to agree).

As far as credibility goes....no harm in not trading. It's like having a "reserve not met" on eBay.

20. dc1985

dc1985 Member

At this point I would overpay here. If I were Morey I would call the 76ers offer D-Mo and Asik for Thad and Hawes. I would try to get a first out of it also but wouldn't let that blow it up. If anything I think Thad could be flipped for a first at the deadline the offseason or next season or if he plays well could be trade chip in potential Love trade