1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. donatas

donatas Member

The only thing Bass does better than Jones is shoot...Oh well, lets roll with what we get. Go Rockets!!!!

2. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Omfg....Bass and Lee for Asik? Fail Morey, major Fail.

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Are you Jake Pavorsky?

That's all you tweet about lololol

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

when they said we were trying to recreate the Orlando Magic 2009 Finals team... I didn't think they meant actually trading for the same players that were on that team...

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I mean post about

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

It'd be funny if a trade happened before the Chicago game

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Go back to sleep. Deal isn't done, details aren't known. Until the deal is done its all in the air.

8. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Lol you're right.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Pau still has a lot of play left in him and he stretches the floor. Not to mention the experience and familiarity with Howard. But the 1st rd pick thing is the problem.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of Bass but Lee is just outstanding on the defensive end and a very good 3pt shooter who can drive to the basket. As I remember a lot of people were pissed when we traded for Lee last time but he changed everyones minds pretty quick with his play.

Lee would be a much needed addition on the Rockets as a legit 2 guard that can back up Harden, play defense and not be a liability on offense. Brewer is good at defense (not as good as Lee) and a complete scrub on offense that does not require a defender to guard him. If Harden has to miss a few games Lee has the ability to step in and give quality starters minutes.

11. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Bro I am not going to type this up anymore.

He is connected to Philly sports and in particular the Sixers.

The sixers have some relevance in this Asik discussion and he is plugged in. He has been on point so far.

Plus he is an originator not an imitator! Thank you!

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

OMG I ALWAYS KNEW MOREY WAS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/s

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Still a lot of posturing. That's why Morey is waiting...he knows the game.

That said, I would be ok with Bass, Lee, 1st AND OLYNYK.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

For some reason I'm just ready to watch the game tonight and we better be ready because the bulls play tough and hard we need a W tonight guys

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I still think this heavily rumored deal makes no sense with Lee in it. Avery Bradley makes more sense. Even if the pick is 2014 it doesn't really matter too much since it will be in the late teens with the East as bad as it is.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

lol at any talk of Pau coming here...I'd rather forfeit the season than bring him in. He's lost all ability to play...and absolutely not worth any deal.

17. Andrew Wiggins

Because idiots just want any marginal improvement no matter what the cost (our last major trade chip and the possibility of signing a max FA in 2015). What happened to building a team that could be legit contenders (that's right we already are...pfffffff)? Lee and Bass are negative trade assets no matter how you slice it, and they don't get us any closer to a chip. The pick Hawks pick (they will receive the Nets pick) and the Celtics pick are guaranteed to be in the 19-23 range.

Don't justify Les wanting out of one of Lin or Asik's balloon payments, even if it means trading Asik for garbage and hurting the teams chances of signing another max player bringing us closer to a chip.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Andrew, you better go practice some, Jabari is catching up on your hype!

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is the thing the familiarity with Howard and that up and down against the Spurs in the playoffs.

Sorry, mate but this one is a lateral move in terms of the future and I don't see 30 something Pau as the same Pau that won a championship.

You of all would be all over 2 picks.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I'm hoping olynyk is thrown in there