1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am afraid that we may get ripped off this time because not many teams are showing interest in Asik. Boston hangs on to Green, Atlanta is not willing to give up Millsap for Asik. Morey is a great GM but he's not a magician...

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

ATL owner being cheap? Noooooo.

They're going to F around & lose Horford when his deal is up.

3. lr22

lr22 Member

Both Casspi and Garcia can only shoot the ball, are you fine with that? I think we should bring in a quality wing player who can shoot/drive to the rim/move without the ball(at least 2 of those), or in short, a wing player who can lead offense when Harden and Parsons are on the bench.
    Harden plays 39 minutes per game, Parson 37. Shouldn't we lighten the burden on them? What do you think?

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

An upgrade at the backup swingman spot will not bring as much to the team as Millsap.

5. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Howard's twitter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>
    _/||\_
    _/¯ ¯\_
    Yaa

\
    || \_
    _/¯ ¯\_
    Yaa

/
    _/ ||
    _/¯ ¯\_
    Yaaa

_/||\_
    _/¯ ¯\_
    Huaaaaaaaahhh! Shoutout to atl.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/413165827769520128">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol D12 is a troll,but doubt it means we got Millsap

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Dwights not trolling, he's tweeting this stupid nae nae dance.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

According to Matt Moore (CBS Sports), Boston wants Asik. But only if it's free, as their whole damn team seems to be untouchable:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...hawks-cavs-celtics-76ers-in-asik-trade-rumors

9. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Yeah, after that Harden deal I think GM's are scared of getting shafted. They aren't willing to be as risky when dealing with Morey.

I'm sure the Knicks and Nets would deal with us, though. They aren't the brightest teams around.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Nets have Lopez so they will have zero interest in Asik.Also I don't see why the Knicks want Asik considering they have Chandler unless they want to load him off in a three way deal.

12. rokit

rokit Member

13. Andrew Wiggins

I think they are offering Jeff Green, but that would mean the Rockets could not sign another max player ever (so long as we keep Green, Parsons, Howard, and Harden). Morey loves having cap flexibility which Green removes. Would we become content with our roster with the addition of Green, because after that it's Mini MLE signings, vet mins, and late draft picks.

From ESPN

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Hawes is the most likely scenario with a second rounder.The only deal that Morey will take a multi year deal that ruins our cap plans will be for a star like Rondo.

15. Andrew Wiggins

Morey is not the one who called OKC. They called us 3rd or 4th and that was his offer. Morey was willing to gamble that Harden was a max player (I had some doubts, but I knew it was the only way out of 14) and he was right.

It has more to do with the fact that the Rockets are so close, and no GM wants to be responsible for making us legit for the next 4-5 years.

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

DOC ROCKET TIME

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Asik's decay makes way 4 new mainstay 2 purvey &amp; display array of bombs away-If trade is made today, hey!yay!hooray! &amp; URICH-A! So Pray!</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/413291613696180224">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

is hey yah hooray a reference to dwights tweet?

my brain hurts on this one

#1756 Voice of Aus, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  17. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Doc Rocket ‏@Thedocrocket 2m
    Asik's decay makes way 4 new mainstay 2 purvey & display array of bombs away-If trade is made today, hey!yay!hooray! & URICH-A! So Pray!

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

only 2 minutes late there buddy

19. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I was instantaneous, my ISP was not!! LOL

20. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Millsap and Korver