1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

DM used hinkie to leverage the deal he wanted from boston. the only thing is, what are we trying to get from boston? i'd give asik for humphries and the nets lotto pick... i'd also give asik/lin for rondo with fillers on either side. the only thing i don't want is to get bass or green for asik. even if they throw in a late first round pick. no thanks.

2. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

beverley is ed reed junior (props to kamekaze) and bradley has a bit better jumper

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

i would want avery bradley coming to this team and maybe starting at the point guard position...he has improved his jump shot..and is very athletic..i think he can blossom playing pg for us..send the celtics lin,thad young and the sixers Asik and Dmo...and we get hawes and bradley/or Rondo...

4. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

One can actually shoot well and the other can't.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That pick is the worse of it and the Hawks' pick.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. pnr

pnr Member

He's not a PG. He's a SG. Bev is on par and is cheaper. There needs to be a playmaker besides Harden and Parsons on the roster. Bradley averages more turnovers than assists..

8. Andrew Wiggins

This reminds me of all the stupid posts during the Dwight sweepstakes.

You're like 3 days behind. And wrong.

9. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

David Nuno used to post here . I think he went by the moniker "Puff".

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'd take Green IF it wasn't just him

I know he handicaps us in the quest for Lebron over the summer - but um... ?

Green is always going to be a 6'9 GF who can consistently hit the 3, get his own shot, and play a little D. He's played enough 4 to be useful in a small ball scenario.

Provided we're getting a serviceable backup C (Hawes?), and a pick, I'd definitely take Green.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Bradley is a better shooter, for one.

12. Egghead

Egghead Member

this is from an insider on the Celtics RealGM page.....

okay so here is what I've been told by a buddy of mine on the Asik/Boston speculation. Take it for what it's worth.

Ainge is trying like hell to get Philly to become a facilitator in an Asik to Boston deal. Green and Bass are 2 players that peak Hou's interest. Ainge, believe it or not would like to hang on to both Green and Bass. I was told that Ainge loves the way Bass as matured as a player on and off the court. Views him as the prototypical 3rd big on a very good team. Even if Ainge is able to get this deal done he still views Sully/Bass finishing games together with Asik on the bench. Asik is a very good defensive Center, but not the type of guy you want on the court to finish games because of his horrendous free throw shooting and inability to space the floor. So ideally what Ainge is hoping for is an Asik/Sully unit starting. Bass as 3rd big, KO and Fav fight for 4th big mins. And then as far as Green goes, Ainge thinks Green is too steep an asking price for Asik. They see no reason to move Green who they view as a guy on a "fair" market deal.

So that leads us to Philly. Philly has 3 players who Houston is interested in. Turner, Young, Hawes. And we know about Philly needing to get to the salary cap floor at some point this season.

so what Ainge is trying to do is move the expiring deals of Hump/Bogans to Philly which gets them to the floor. and we know Hump/Bogs expire so Philly isn't hit with any contacts beyond this season. Essentially they get worse and pretty much guarantee themselves a top 5 pick this year. Ainge wants Philly to move 1 of the Hawes, Turner, Young group to Houston and then Asik would end up in Boston. I'm told Ainge is willing to deal 1 pick to Philly, likely the 2015 clips pick in exchange for cooperating as a facilitator. Ainge is also willing to basically give Brooks to Houston as well as a sweetener.

So it would look something like this.

Boston Out: Hump/Bogans/Brooks/2015 Clips
    Boston In: Asik

Philly Out: Young
    Philly In: Hump/Bogans/2015 Clips pick

Houston Out: Asik
    Houston in: Young/Brooks

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1288629&start=390

1 person likes this.
  13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15m

As Dec. 19 draws near, more & more folks forecasting three-team Asik deal & Boston right there w/Philly now in terms of likely destinations

14. Andrew Wiggins

It's cool if you repost this 2 or 3 pages later for those who missed it, but if it's been 30 minutes the least you can do is check the last page.

15. pnr

pnr Member

Nice. This seems the most likely.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

MarShon Brooks aka young Kobe?!

Rockets are getting Kobe Bryant Jr.!

OMG! :eek:

/sarcasm

But really, I don't care for Young or Turner. Hawes? Meh. Whatev.

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

Why even deal with Boston then? They're getting Asik for free. Surely we can find a different third team that is willing to at least send us a solid rotational player or a few picks.

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

not by much to be honest. he is a great defender, much better than Bev's overrated defense. but i do question his play-making ability..

19. basketballholic

ROFL

What a load of poo. Young/Brooks with Boston sending the pick to Philly.

ROFL

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Besides the scenario not working for cap purposes this insider (sic) has Bass in Houston and Boston. And Young over Hawes and Turner to Rox?