1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the most underrated player in the L.?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sir Geving, Apr 24, 2003.

1. wizard

wizard Member

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

Marion????????????

how can an allstar be underrated?????

:confused:

3. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Do we have an overrated player thread somewhere?

4. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I think Rip Hamilton is underrated...Caron Butler is underrated...Pau Gasol too

5. Just B

Just B Member

From what I've seen lately, Troy Hudson's pretty underrated. I also agree that Shawn Marion is WAY underrated (even though he was an all-star)

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I think that there are two kinds of underrating: active an passive. Acitve underrating is to put out a lot of negative hype about a player, to bash him when it's not deserved.

Passive underrating is when a players is undeservedly ignored.

I would say that Vince Carter is the most actively underrated...He has been called everything from a ball hog to too passive in taking the ball, and everything in between, He will be back among the best next year: book it.

In terms of passive underrated, I would suggest Antwan Jamison, Richard hamilton, Steve Nash, Juwan Howard, and this year, remerkably, White Chocolate.

7. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

See. You've actually proven my point. People refer Yao as a 13/8 player. That's why I said he's underrated.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

No doubt about it - Cuttino Mobley.

9. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

juaiquin hawkins i wanted play more this year he does all the dirty work at least in the begining of the year before james posey came

10. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

But isn't he an 13/8 player? While I personally think he has a lot more potential, for now he is a 13/8 player. (which is excellent, especially for a rookie)

11. Go_Spurs_Gooooo

David Robinson. Probably the most underrated player EVER! It's a disgrace how much more hype less skilled C's like Ewing and Olajuwon got over him in his prime, and he goes ignored now while an ******* like Karl Malone is still making Olympic teams? If they wanted true leadership they should have given David that spot, not Maillady!

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

probably harold miner

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

that's underrated not under-raided....

14. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

I'd agree that the Admiral is very underrated. I will always remember that tiem he scored 70+ in one game. Ewing is one of the most overrated ever.
    Currently, id say that Marion is alot better than he gets credit for. Probably the most imprtant guy to the Suns.
    Some of the 76ers guys are underrated. Eric Snow, etc.

15. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Olajuwan less skilled than Robinson!!!???

HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!! HA, HAAAAAAAA, HA!!!! HA, HA!!!!!!!!!

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

SAR and Marion are my top 2 along with Elton Brand.

17. Live

Live Member

The Admiral is definitely under-rated, but calling Dream and Ewing less skilled is asinine.

The Admiral has 2 shots: mid-range J & turnaround. He's also very effective on the drive. But the next drop step, jump hook, or up & under he makes will be the 1st.

The Admiral was a more athletic, fluid Ewing.

Other under-rated players:

Baron Davis - If he were in LA or NY, he'd be HUGE! As painful as it may be to admit, Baron (not Stevie Franchise) is the true heir to Gary Payton's Best All-Around G title.

Rip Hamilton - Ah, the return of the scorer who knows how to play off the ball. Doesn't play D, but who does nowadays?

Desmond Mason - Awesome athlete who grows as a basketball player by the day. He's a younger, better (at a comparable age) version of Michael Finley.

Pau Gasol - Extremely skilled, long, very crafty, and has some un-European 'funk' in his game (he'll dunk on a guy and let him know about it). He'll get more attention as the Grizz continue to improve.

18. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

In defense of Robinson, he not only improved the Spurs by 35 games in one season, but he didn't have to travel on half his post moves. :)

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How so, he can't stay healthy, he can't play defense, and he can't shoot.

20. Live

Live Member

And David's never had a charge called on him when he's "creating" contact.

If you had added "can't take his team to the playoffs", I would've thought you were talking about Steve Francis (Francis still has a condition that can cause migraines, so let's not talk about players who have health concerns). ;) :p