1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ODOM Sighting!!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by land_sharks, Apr 27, 2003.

1. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

Friday evening about 6:30 pm at Hobby airport. I did not see where he was in route to, but it was definitely ODOM. He was signing autographs, smiling...a cool, cool guy. I didn't get his autograph because of airport security, nor was I allowed to conduct my two question interview..."Hey Lamar are you going to be playing in a Rockets' Jersey next year?" and "In which part of Houston will you be living when you play in a Rockets' Jersey next year?"

Apparently, the checkpoint personnel, don't like to be told "I'm trying to catch up with Mr. Odom to ask him a few questions, can you please check my bags QUICKLY!!! I'm pretty pumped up about seeing him and I don't want to blow a fuse, so be a good hourly employee and check my bags THIS INSTANT!". Turns out, if you say "blow" and "fuse" in the same sentence in an airport, you get to spend a few minutes with airport security. Nice people, but they really messed up the whole meeting-Odom-thing. Oh well, there's always next year.

Please note the above represents an Odom sighting, which is not Rockets news, but in the offseason, all is fair game. Further more the opinion that Odom will be playing in a Rockets' uniform (inferred) is pure speculation on my behalf and not substantiated by "inside scoop". Unless Doc Rocket or OP wants to weigh their two cents in as to why Lamar would have been "visiting" our fair city. ; )

#1 land_sharks, Apr 27, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2003
  2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Did you seriously say this?

3. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

To my friend, I though quietely, while kidding around, but they overheard me. They could tell by my body language that I was in a rush, as was everyone else in the line, for different reasons than mine, I'm sure. In hindsight, I guess I was being a little loud due to the excitement. It turns out they don't like to be rushed and they don't like being disrespected by the "hourly employee" comment. They DON'T like either very much, not even a little, no sir.

My friend's 9 year old son did get his autograph, but as reported, I was not as fortunate.

4. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Ugh, I would hate Odom to be a Rocket.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wrong forum.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

well, since Odom is in Houston, I guess Mark Berman will be all up in him like a dog sniffing another dog's butt.

7. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

:D

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

What exactly is everyone's fascination with Odom? He can't hit an outside shot and while he can create, is not nearly efficient enough to be a full-time point guard. I'de pass on making him a Rocket.

9. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Yaaay! thacabbage posts again! ... lol

ditto what he said.

10. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

He is still better than James Posey...

And he can make outside shots...he made like 3 in a row against the Rockets.

Having better players is better.

Anyways....why was he in Houston?!?

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

He was stopping by Eddie G.'s crib to pick up a package.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Good thing he didn't say, "He's da Bomb!"

13. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I'd take Posey over him, I can't stand Odom.

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I like Odoms game! I hope he does put on a rockets uniform next year but not with a large amount of money though.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It'd be nice to get Odom on the team, yes, but at what price? Who would we give up? (*cough* Cat *cough* Cat) Although Cat alone wouldn't do it.

Odom could be stuck on the Paper Clips for a year because the Clips can threaten to match any offer sheet he signs. Then he'd be there for six years on a team with no other re-signed free agents.

16. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

You should have said "Let me talk to Odom or I'll crash the plane into the Transco Tower"

17. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

just kidding.
    But seriously. Maybe Odom works out here some in the offseason.