1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I finally started lifting, I'll post all of my questions here.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldfanofTmac, Oct 5, 2013.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

There are plenty of exercises you can do at home that use your body weight as resistance. Have you tried google?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not sure how hard you train at this point, but if you are really into it, taking a week off every 3-4 months is a good thing. After two weeks off, you will struggle a bit during your first workout or two but things will return to normal quickly.

If you are in this for the long term, not a big deal at all. Enjoy this time of year.

3. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

yes i tried google, but without success. can you share?

4. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

convict conditioning

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bing has better results for physical training and weightlifting.

8. wizkid83

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

10. wizkid83

I know I couldn't :p As some one who only do cardio about 2-3 times a week and don't lift I can do the first one I posted. Though even 2 times a week was better than sitting on the couch and doing nothing which I used to do, even though I don't gain weight due to my Chinese metabolism, I didn't feel that well physically.

As I hit 30 I started feeling worse and pounds are packing in a little bit quicker. I don't have as much free time as I like so I found the first video was perfect for me (add in sets of burpee or squat). I also like mma, have done some slight training in muay thai so bought a heavy bag and do about 60 muay kicks and 100 punches, which is usually <5 mins and follow it up with those sets.

I'm not lifting nor am I working too hard so I'm not really building up any mass, but the 2 to 3 cardio days a week keeps the weight from going up and I feel better. If all he's wanting to do is not to be idle, dong the first one would be fine. And then if he wants to push it he can do the second video.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is what I take.

Hydro whey for immediate post workout.
    Pro max bars for meal replacements.
    Phase 8 protein for recovering.
    Fish oil caps.
    Opti men multi
    Extend for roids
    Creature creatine

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

70 percent depends on the nutrition if you are trying to get bigger. I hate bulking but until I reach my bench press goal till then.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That doesn't sound right. Your diet is more important if you're focused on definition...not so much when you're trying to lift heavy.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So when are you going to create threads asking about how to diet, or how to read, or how to do basic arithmetic?
    I would ask when you were willing to start a thread about how to be an ungrateful jackass, but you've mastered that already.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Two weeks shouldn't be an issue. Go buy some resistance bands or a dumbbell set. Wouldn't hurt to have them around, in case you can't make it to the gym some day in the future.

chest/tris-you can do push up variations, like with feet elevated, spiderman push ups, and while moving side to side.

shoulders- dumbbell set or band for presses/raises

back/biceps- pull ups and "heavy" (basically thicker) bands for rows.

you can isolate bis and tris, if you want, with the bands and dumbbells too.

Legs: single leg/split squats. use the edge of your bed or a chair as the bench....lunges, glute thrusts..

I don't think you're using that much weight in the gym, where these would all be too easy for you. If anything, it'll give you a chance to work on your mechanics and muscle endurance.

#235 RV6, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A couple week break from time to time isn't a bad thing, especially if you've been training hard and often for a while.

17. SK34

SK34 Member

I'm starting Ab Ripper x tonight for 3 weeks. Then switching up to another workout for abs.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What zyzz mix do you recommend?

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Google: "Body Weight Circuit Workout" and you'll find plenty.

I'm currently doing this:

•20 body weight squats
    •10 push ups
    •20 walking lunges
    •10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon of milk or the thing of water that sits in your frige that has a spout to pour)
    •15 second plank
    •10 dips
    •5 pull ups
    •30 Jumping Jacks

No rest in between exercises. Go all the way through and rest then for 2-3 minutes. If you have it in you then repeat again and again until failure. This workout is quick but it's no joke.

20. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Depending on how often and how hard you're working out, a couple weeks break will be great for you. Gives your body some time to heal and will help keep you from burning out. Pro athletes will take a month off, if not more. Just eat healthy as much as possible.