1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahahahahah The Rockets will be contenders with or without Lin. You can best believe that.

Truth you are off the chains bro.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

No. Just you.:rolleyes:

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Awww....little Kawm got his feelings hurt.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

apples to dirt

5. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

That's just dumb more talented players than lin have been booted from the league for refusing to accept a role. A stunt like that is a quick trip to playing for yao in china.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0yB0jBNnal8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It definately was a goaltend LOL

8. lin00

lin00 Member

Only in the "keep shooting" aspect. How many times do you see Harden cut and move without the ball? Don't give me wrong. I think Harden is a major talent and just needs time to mature into an all-around player. I was an ASU Sun Devils, and I am a Harden fan since his colleague day. I just want to point it out that the 6th man Lin thing does not work with the current minute distribution and coach direction. There is no way you can justify Lin's salary for this. Lin is human and he will (or may) get very frustrated and pulled an Asik act eventually . At that time, you will not be able to trade him for any value. What take that risk?

9. lin00

lin00 Member

Why not? Is it a crime to be a Lin fan? This is professional basketball, people root for the "star" in their mind and the "show" they want to see. Astros was able to sell tickets when Nolan Ryan was pitching with the same record like now. It is all about show and the star during the regular season.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Salary doesn't determine minute distribution. A team in the NBA cannot function on that premise.

Every game there is a new discussion about poor Jeremy Lin. Poor Jeremy, he is in the NBA on a good team and a vital part of the team contending. Poor Jeremy Lin.

REALITY!

- Lin is great as the 6th man
    - Lin cannot guard Lillard and Curry
    - Lin just sat for 2 weeks with an injured knee, a body part that has been injured in the past.

The team wins the game and Lin fans just stare at Lin's minutes. Get over it....support the team, not the player. As an example, Dmo is a favorite of mine and I wish he was given more minutes at the 5, so Jones can spend some of his minutes as the back-up. I don't sing cry me a river when Dmo gets a DNP.

I hope for you that Lin gets traded to a bad team so he can pad his stats and get his minutes. I personally hope he continues to embrace his bench role and continues to be an important part of the team.

1 person likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Soooo happy the rox beat these azz holes led by azz hole Marc Jackson. Really wanted the Tailblazers game too:mad:

13. yummyhawtsauce

lol i didnt know i was arguing something? i was asking if this ever happened. jeez. people are so quick to shut others down on this board for no reason.

14. yummyhawtsauce

There's nothing wrong with someone preferring another player or liking another player over another. Just because someone plays great on a team does not mean they have to like them.

15. Yellow

Yellow Member

Just watched it and given it was on a back-to-back it was not too bad, especially Parsons & Beverley. Harden did good but nothing exceptional. The most terrible thing to watch was Jones, Casspi & Howard not committing to rebounding and just being too small for their bigs. This is the 2nd game where Jones in particular looks too thin and just too short to really bang with the legit 4s (Lee, Aldridge and even Speights) in this league. A trade for a 4 would be great with Jones doing what he does off the bench.

16. nafnaf

nafnaf Member

Very true - but it is also not wrong to point that out, is there?

Seems to me that's all the poster you're responding to is saying.

17. bws

bws Member

Lin can't guard Lilliard? Did you see the first game against Portland? If you didn't go back and watch it. He sure can guard Lilliard. Curry is tough when he gets going, a lot of people can't guard him when he's hot including Beverley.

Lin's other knee was injured I believe, the sprain did not come to the knee that was operated on.

Lin has played well most of the season until the injury whether starting or coming off the bench so enough with the nonsense that he can only do it coming off the bench. That's a Houston Rockets created scenario but he doesn't have to come off the bench to be effective.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it's an internet meme.

you asked nothing. you said you saw something in the 4th quarter that never happened.

19. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Nice lol ...where were you seated? behind the bench?

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I was in section 116, row 8... pretty much right across from the warriors' bench.