1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So why exactly is Asik sitting out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Dec 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bmd

bmd Member

He can't still be hurt. Is he about to be traded very soon?

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thigh injury.

/thread

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Cause he's a lil b****.

Just kidding.

Injured

4. afk

afk Member

He's either injured or "injured."

5. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Cause he's not Jeremy Lin. He's not gonna let himself get marginalized and have his career and future suffer for a team that whats to go with someone else in his spot.

I'm proud of Omer for standing up for himself.

6. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. pippsux

pippsux Member

I guess Omer is not strong like bull

8. seeingred

seeingred Member

if he were to get injured in these next couple games his value would be reduced. any team that would trade for him is necessarily in win-now mode ie they would want him to come in and contribute ASAP.

it sucked not have him as an option last night and I hope this gets resolved sunday.

9. torocan

torocan Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...rrence-jones-defense-in-absence-of-omer-asik/

He's sitting out because he's not ready to play.

10. mr2evolution

mr2evolution Member

When you get paid millions of dollars to do a job, I don't think there is room to be a little b**** about why you are upset.

11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

His pay grade really shouldn't matter. He's 7 foot tall, good at basketball in the NBA which just happens to pay millions of dollars. If he was working at McDonalds, he'd still be wrong IF he has been choosing not to play and/or give his all. But he's obviously hurt, and there's a lot of other threads available where you can criticize him.

Being traded is in his best interest, and part of his "job" is written that he's allowed to request a trade.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man are you serious, I know you follow the Rockets LOL. You know darn well Asik is about to be traded real soon joker..bwhahahahaha

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

I couldn't disagree more. Requesting a trade is fine. Letting people know you want to start and are upset with your demotion is also fine.

Refusing to play, pouting, not giving 110% at the job you're paid to do is NOT fine. These things can seriously damage your reputation as a player as well as trade value and future opportunities. Asik is good at what he does, but not SO good that being tagged with negative baggage won't affect his value.

Personally I believe Asik is still injured. I don't think he's coasting or holding back. From his body of work he doesn't strike me as someone that sulks and doesn't give it his all. It's possible that management is holding him out, but you'd think they would want to showcase him if he's healthy.

14. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

He's hurt, butthurt.

15. mr2evolution

mr2evolution Member

That's understandable, but its really not up to him and the only route he can really take is to make this whole thing into some drama. I understand he is hurt now, but before he wasn't, he was just crying, sitting out and it may or may not have messed with the team mojo.

I just don't understand why he would rather be a starter on a bad team than be a backup with slightly less minutes on a contender.

But if we can get a valuable piece back for him, then good riddance.

16. joelcwu

joelcwu Member

The player been traded need to pass physical to complete transaction, mgmt don't want take risk.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

So why exactly is Asik sitting out?

A: He is traumatized!!

Asik, being Turkish, was severely traumatized by the innocent slaughter of millions of turkeys during the Thanksgiving Holidays! Since the event he has changed his agent, hoping that this small act would somehow appease the turk gods....:eek:

1 person likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

DNP - Bruised Ego.

The cure: being traded to a team, even a bad lottery team, where he can be a starter.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I was at the Moda Center last night early enough to watch the shootaround, and Omer was on court in this uni, doing a light workout. I'm no trainer, but he looked pretty nimble to me. My guess is that Morey doesn't want to take a chance at him getting injured before the trade, or possibly doesn't want his stats taking a nose dive right now.

Side note: In person, Asik looks every bit the part of a stud athlete. The guy has an amazingly normal build for someone his height -- imagine a 7'2" version of Thomas Robinson.