1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honest Cops...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hmm, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f23CPcTdY2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whether it rouses a justifiable amount of debate & discussion, I'm not sure... I just didn't see this flying with the collectively "casual" attitude of the Hangout...

I wonder if a society that so longs for a slightly more competent form of justice - if not better overall - that it worries itself to a compromised, deprived form of living, if not an early grave... realizes that battling the extreme - or in this case, the perceived extreme - of police brutality, or overstepped policing... with enabling, misguided, and frighteningly over-zealous misplaced sympathy for "alleged" criminals based on their appearance, gender, charm, or background (Jody Arias anyone?) ... is just battling one counter-productive extreme with another... Which gets us no where closer to such a goal, and instead sustains us in our ever infuriating rut of blissfully unaware human hypocrisy... if not sheer human stupidity...?

What makes this example particularly vexing is how the "witness" here... seem to act like the concept of a female criminal in need of restraint is unheard of... The man behind the camera here seems to be unaware of how ridiculously sexist his "argument" is... The older woman, like the man, seems oblivious to the reality of what's before her eyes... lending favor to what she's hearing... to feed the illusion the little actress wants to get across... She screams she's being choked, while the cop wrestles with her arms... She screams of a broken tooth, with no blood in sight... and not a single punch being thrown... She cries "Why?! WHY?!" When our eyes clearly see the cop merely has her pinned with one knee... Yet, neither witness sees any of this, and instead sees what they want to see...

Things like this just always bring that ever exasperating, seemingly unanswerable question to mind..... Why are people so insistently stupid?

2. vvade

vvade Member

The camera man was her colleague/friend. Who cares what he says or thinks. He is biased. If he was impartial then he would move along because there's nothing to see there (but I did see his hand on her ass;)).

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut

and...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Good_Cop_Free_Donut

You decide.

IMHO it is pretty clear this chick is resisting/fighting throughout the course of the video. I have no idea why or how she got to that point, but I think the cops did fine - she was just a white girl with a "how can you do this to me?!" attitude. Resisting is stupid, you aren't going to win a struggle regardless of if they were in the wrong or not. Fight the battle after the booking.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Apparently white girls are incapable of breaking laws and resisting arrest.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No sympathy for the White Girl.

What a fantastic response by the officer.

6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

The best part was when the camera man said "but she's a girl," as if that's a legitimate defense.

7. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

It was nice to see the cop show some responsibility to the community by explaining his actions and the policy.

The girl was definitely resisting and showed little respect for the situation she was in.

Bravo to the cop.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Bravo to the cop. He handled the situation perfectly and professionally. It's hard to be forceful and direct with the girl, then to be calm and explanatory to the peanut gallery, yet he goes back and forth flawlessly.

9. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

smoked a dooby with an off-duty HPD officer a couple months ago. (friend of a friend brought him over to a FF draft)

it's remarkable how bad a rep cops get sometimes.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

"I know my law. I did law very well."

Yeah.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"I CAN'T BREATH!! I CAN'T BREATH!!!!"

(followed by the girl taking several large breaths...)

LOL...

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

^haha I lol'd at that, too. If I were that cop, I'd respond by saying "then how are you still talking?"

It seems like to get the public sympathy, you can yell, kick, and scream and call for police brutality. The lemmings will come and admonish the police. Then the tension increases, tempers flare, and things can get out of hand.

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm guessing most of those people knew her, or knew of her... which changes that dynamic. Of course people seeing a tiny woman "manhandled" and screaming for help has psychological ramifications even if she is in the wrong.

The cop handled it perfectly, and I think most impartial viewers would agree.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what a stupid b****

the officers did a really good job I thought, didn't overreact and dealt with the situation with patience.

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

This would have any merit if they knew the girl had a medical condition and were addressing this with the officers... And if they really knew this particular person, they would know she's prone to bsing to get her way... and let the policemen do their job...

Why do some people insist on being blindly partial to friends or family... worse yet, to a mere colleague...? It always exacerbates a situation...

You're attempting to rationalize the irrational... To my pleasant surprise, no one here has shown any sympathy for the girl.. rightfully so... Her act couldn't be more blatant...

I should hope so...

16. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I heard someone put it nicely recently....

"Think of how dumb the average person is....and just think that half of them are dumber than that."

17. dback816

dback816 Member

That's not putting it nicely, that's just some average person saying something average.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is just like the one jackass that was openly brandishing a gun and walking around and then memorizing a bunch of laws and trying to make the cop look stupid.

These people are scum. Definitely reveal cops doing bad actions, but don't spend your days actively trying to make cops look bad.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They should have gotten her into the car before wasting any time chatting with the bystander. Otherwise he prolongs the amount of time he has to pin her.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

That girl is a manipulative ***** and the cameraman is a tool