1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors ala Fox

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by xiki, Apr 24, 2003.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

From foxsports:

Kobe could sign with Grizzlies or Nets
    Los Angeles Daily News
    Daily News columnist Kevin Modesti writes that the Lakers should give Kobe Bryant whatever he wants because they risk losing him to free agency. If Kobe does fly the coop, look for him to join either Jerry West in Memphis, or Byron Scott in New Jersey. Will Nets lose Kidd to Spurs?
    New York Daily News
    If the Nets don't get Jason Kidd some help, they may lose him to the Spurs . Daily News columnist Filip Bondy writes that after enduring a season without an adequate backup, the overworked Kidd may look to sign with a team that won't ask him to do so much: San Antonio. Payton won't be coming to New York
    New York Daily News
    Daily News columnist Mitch Lawrence doesn't think the Knicks have a shot at signing Gary Payton . Lawrence writes that the Knicks don't have the one thing that could lure Payton to New York: a shot at a championship. Look for Payton to land in San Antonio or Los Angeles instead.

Who could have the available money to even approach the Lakes' offer to retain Kobe?

If Kidd to SA then the top of the West is even further for the Rox.

GP will look for the gold. He will re-sign with Milwaukee or force a SnT which is good for GP and the Bucks. He would be an odd addition to the Laker or Spurs locker rooms. I don't see him in either.

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Grizzlies? Puh-lease......

3. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

new jersey sounds like a good fit for Bryant

4. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Actually that rumor has been around since Jerry West went to the Grizz. I could see it happening, not probable but definitely possible. It would be HIS team, full of youth and athletes. We will see.

5. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Yeah, I could see Kobe going to the Grizz. It would definitely be HIS team and he could show his full game and that he'd have a chance to win without Shaq. Plus, he'd have some nice complementary players in Pau Gasol and Jason Williams. It's actually a pretty good opportunity for Kobe.

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Kobe Bryant will never play for the Grizzlies. Never. Jerry West or not, it won't happen.

7. JTQ

JTQ Member

Kobe to grizz... I always love the way Grizz play/...well if kobe's coming I'm not gonna root for them anymore.... White Chocolate's apg goin to the drain for sure

8. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

what, kobe wont win without shaq, shooter

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think Kobe to NJ sounds pretty good. NJ is close to PA where he is from. It's just down the turnpike. it is close to home and all.

NJ stinks.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Isn't New Jersey hopelessly c(r)apped out as far as pursuing free agents, say, for the next four years or so?

I wish his ass would head East, though. Swing the pendulum back a little ways. Consider that the best teams in the East probably would not have made the WC playoffs. Let's get some parity going.

11. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Whereever Kobe goes will be good.

But I think he's staying in Los Angeles...until Shaq retires.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Smells like Kobe needs some attention, some love.