1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin out 2 weeks with grade one knee sprain (UPDATE: Will return vs. Portland)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thesonofsam, Nov 29, 2013.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Don't worry. I will DM you what I find when I look it all up. I'm actually pretty interested to see what the numbers look like in the various different scenarios. Just don't have the time to do it now.

2. pnr

pnr Member

That seems so soon. He should take another week or so.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Great news

[​IMG]

4. DL24

DL24 Member

terrible day for sports injuries, adrian peterson carted off with nasty ankle injury, rob gronkowski most likely torn acl...for all the whining and complaining on this board, at least the NBA doesnt have the r****dedness of players diving at each others knees!!

5. timyeung

timyeung Member

Then do you consider it disingenuous as well when people post that Lin is a better bench player then a starter when Lin's stats as a starter this season were a little bit better then his stats off the bench? Personally I think he plays both roles very well, even though his stats have been slightly higher as starter.

6. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

I suspect as much (which is why I tend to stay away if I can help it) but it's good to hear someone confirm. Thanks.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Patrick Beverley is no where near a "core" level player on a championship caliber team. His effort and hustle is admirable but his talent level is sorely lacking.

8. zdrav

zdrav Member

I like Patrick Beverley, especially when he gets one of his patented offensive rebounds from out of nowhere.

But let's not lose sight of the fact that he has one of the worst, if not the actual worst, PER of any starting PG in the NBA.

Could you imagine the backlash if Lin were posting that kind of rating?

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Everyone knows Lin is a better PG than Beverley. People who don't believe that are just haters man, they haters. Both bring a unique skillset.

10. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Great news hopefully he isn't rushing it!

11. bws

bws Member

If so limited minutes because of the back to back. I think it is a better idea to play him Friday.

12. bws

bws Member

YEah. Two huge guys down. And Peterson was so dominant coming back from his ACL injury.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

apples to oranges, people knows exactly what they expect out of Lin and Beverley, and they certainly don't expect a high PER from Beverley, that's not what he's paid to do out there.

14. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

https://twitter.com/ultrockets/status/409836101377851392

Jeremy Lin runs pregame, moves closer to return from knee injury.

15. conquistador#11

they should just wait til the chicago game, there are like three days off between the last back to back and the start of the chi game. season isn't going anywhere it's long.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is your Spark off the Benchnator

17. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

No way. The sooner Lin comes back the better. The 2nd unit has been pretty unbearable to watch the past few games, they desperately need someone to facilitate and score. Especially tonight, we couldn't depend on the bench at all. McHale had to play the starters mega minutes just to hold on for a win. And it was the Magic. That's bad.

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

PER favors offense over defense, of course it's going to favor Lin over Bev. It's a biased stat against defensive players like Bev.

19. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Hope Lin comes back & helps Rox win against Portland

20. Buck Turgidson

Even if it's detrimental to his health?