1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With harden on this team, no hope to win a championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shorey, Dec 5, 2013.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I think the Rockets is more likely to win the championship with Howard, Parsons, Lin, T Jones and Brooks, with PB at the bench. Remember the Lakers won the championship without Elgin Baylor. As a matter of fact, the Lakers were better without Elgin Baylor. They had Wilt and Jerry West. The team became so much better because the ball moved. Harden could be an Elgin Baylor equivalent, though Baylor was WAAAY better than Harden could ever be.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Untill morey goes out and gets a another better player, this team is James and Dwights team. Forget Lin and Parsons, those guys are clearly a few levels below those two.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The team you named barely makes playoffs

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You clearly don't watch Harden. He's not selfish. Shallow minded post

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Just support him. He is your rockets fans future interme of contract.

6. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

you mean Haren? yes as i always says, trade him away ASAP as his value is still high. Daryl has done a good job to bump it up, now it's time to cash in. Especially recently he express the trend to self expose and ruin (yet probably he doesnt know it himself, which i believe Dunning–Kruger effect happens), it should be the emergency for Rox in the coming month.

I understand fans has been long for a superstar who can really win it for them but taking a sub-par wannabe and take him as a real one immediately, some even cant wait become his biatch, is not only desperate, but delusional.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Trade James Harden for Lance or Kawhi

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

8. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

ok lets trade him, and wait another 20 years till we get another top 3 SG in the NBA.

Houston out-James Harden
    Houston in-KCP, Monroe, Pick

Detroit out-KCP, Monroe, Pick
    Detroit in-James Harden, Garcia

Then we'll be stuck in the middle for another 5 years. not good enough for the chip and not bad enough for the pick

9. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

the quality of threads is going down, time to go to lakersground for some sanity

LOLOL

10. hltiki

hltiki Member

and more championships

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

WTF did this clown just say?

12. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

lolwut

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

then they are clearly not bringing it every game and play like they are two notches ahead of Lin and Parsons.

12 points and 15 points against Phoenix... that is roleplayer production

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You want to win a title, Harden and Howard the only elite talents we have. Lin and Parsons on a championship are not elite talent. They are at best very good role players on a title teams but they aint franchise players.

15. subzor

subzor Member

that's what they said about paul george, role player, no elite talent, etc

16. shorey

shorey Member

Copying some response to the other thread!

17. shorey

shorey Member

Did you ever heard around the league that PJ Tucker is an elite defender? He did not even get a damned single vote for all defensive team, even Beverly got one for half a season.

Why his D is so effective on Harden? It is not just last game, you watched long enough, you will recognize that in last few meeting with Suns, Tucker completely outplayed Harden. Why PJ's body on body D does not work on other stars?

Think about it. People keep saying that Harden was guarded too close by a defender, and we don't set good pick for him. All true. To get a wide open shot consistently, good pick is not the complete answer. You need to move without ball effectively, and then people won't guard you too closely. Because when Harden does not have the ball, he does not even want to move, so everybody knows just bodying on him is perfect dense while chasing down defensive rebounds and getting steals.

All the teams realize that putting a body on Harden and denying the pass lane to harden, you can cancel out Harden in offense to some big extent, and the expose his laziness and zero effort in the defensive end. I cannot even count how many times, the play who guard Harden or the one Hard guarded got season high or even career high. In the last two games, wow, Gorden Haywood was playing like Ray Allen at peak, and PJ Tucker was like another Denis Rodman...

18. tonman

tonman Member

so if this team underperforms, who are you going to put the blame on? the players who are "clearly a few levels below" or the ones that are the "team"?

19. shorey

shorey Member

I love rockets since the Yao era started in 2002, watched most games before 2008 and every game after 2008 till now and I do put a lot of emotions to the game. If my reaction offended you, I apologize.

NBA is a long season. I don't vent on one or two losing games. Harden's effort is very questionable even in many wins. I hope he grows up, but I don't see that coming. If you are not a good shooter, many NBA players actually become good shooters at later stage of their career. But no show in D won't change. If you don't embrace D in basketball even in middle school/high school, that won't change in college or NBA. In NBA history, did you ever see a play become good defender when they play with no passion in D in early stage of their career?

I could also day dream Harden becomes part of All Defensive team like other elite 2 guard like Jordan, Bryant and Wade, but the reality waked me up so crudely...

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

Obviously the "superstars" are not to be blamed. They are the best players!