1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Not Happy With The Effort in Houston [NBA.COM]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 5, 2013.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he needs to bring it too. playing like a role player

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

You mean Lin?

But he's injured (again)

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Im not mad at Harden for playing like crap. He's playing hurt.

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Bingo. Max players should be leaders. But like others have said already, the media is going to grill him, if Dwight speaks out, media will say he's being a cancer again, if he doesn't, media will say he isn't a leader.

He obviously has high expectations for this team and he's not happy when we don't meet those expectations, good for him.

5. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

I think he was referring to some of the efforts he has been giving lately, including just 9 boards in the loss against Utah.

Also, at the percentage we were shooting, he had plenty of opportunities for these 8 offensive rebounds...

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's mainly talking about Harden, and he's right. That was the worst game I've ever seen him play.

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

9 rebounds is really not up to his standards, but Kanter and Favors had both great games, so outside players should bail him out there with more effort.

Just like he did show a lot of effort even though Harden showed none. I don't mind Howard missing shots or Harden going 0-10 for 3. As long as there is effort, a game of bad shooting here and there is perfectly acceptable.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

he's absolutely right. we all know it's about Harden getting tougher on D and being more consistent

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes teams and players need a wake up call, this is it.

DD

10. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

They should be pissed after losing the Utah & Phoenix.

If they want to be a Championship level team they should bury those teams...

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This. All I ask is for effort. Unfortunately I have not seen most games cause I dont have comcast, but the ones I have or listened to on the radio, Harden has given zero effort on defensive end. I've played with guys like that, who would act like they are hurt are tired on D but are healthy and full of energy when they get the ball. I'm not saying he is not hurt now, but what was his excuse for his poor D last year? That do spreads to everyone on the team.

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Good job Dwight, Harden. Pass that ball. You will get your shots, but you taking way to much. Run into the paint and kick it out to a shooter.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Good. Love dwight for this....Harden is a lazy bum if he doesnt give effort trade his ass.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Notice Dwight hasn't said a word about getting touches and isn't calling out any individual publicly. That's how you be a leader.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Glad Dwight's comments going national. This team needs a wake up call. Harden needs a wake up call. Harden maybe needs to go to a doctor and see if there is anything wrong with him to see why he can't keep his energy level up. He plays far too lazily to be a top level athlete. He rarely gives defensive effort and he is always stopping ball movement on offense like he has to build up his energy for his big move.

Mchale needs to rest him. Sit his ass down. And harden needs to figure out what the hell he is doing.

16. smr6

smr6 Member

If national outlets make a big deal out of that then that is ridiculous. He never once called anyone one person out, he always used the terms "we" and "us", and he never said anything about needing to get him more involved.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This...Howard really has tried directing this team in other ways. While he may joke around etc off the court, he really does play with effort when he is on it. He should be demanding the ball in the post, but he isnt. Howard really is calling out Harden and Mchale's inability to reign him in without being point blank about it. Harden needs to focus on playing team basketball and not hero ball...

While Dwight has been a liability in the post offensively, he makes up for it on the defensive end. Also, I do think solid defensive energy sorta energizes Howard to play even harder on that end. During the stretch the Rockets closed the lead down to 3, I wouldve replaced TJones for Howard and run with a lineup of Howard, Garcia, Caspi, Brooks and Beverly.

While this loss was just one game where Harden was just pathetic, the effort question is a legit concern, bc it happens so much with Harden defensively. Harden has to ball out at all times and not coast...and if you cant, take a break on the bench...if he is considered to be the best offensive player on this team, he has to play like it.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/pRTF5aguKdaW?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe><iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/et7F7nKhCToU?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe><iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/_pfL3umrmD8Y?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

19. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

Yes it's early, there should be no panic yet. But if the Rockets continue to play like this there will be a real need for panic. There's just this laziness on defense that cannot be ignored. Of course there will be games like this on offense, where nothing goes in or they just get shut down. The lack of defense is the real issue here. There is no effort coming out of some of these guys, mainly Harden who just gets blown by. That is what makes the entire team defense collapse. Plus the way he just stands there when the ball is stolen from him at the thee point and half court line isn't helping anybody.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Shows maturity. I rather have that and his solid nights than Hardens piss poor efforts and 2 out of 4 great nights