1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin 50-40-90 club watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Nov 15, 2013.

1. vizier

vizier Member

couple of 0/0/0 game and everying will be back to where it starts.

2. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

As it stands, I'd be happy with 25/20/45

3. Chris Jent MVP

Please come back soon Jeremy, we miss you ಠ╭╮ಠ

4. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

For some reason I can see him having more trouble with maintaining 90% FT than the other stat categories.

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I love that you use of stats to support your opinion. and you use them in a very rational manner. Your conclusions are excellent.

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

LOL, what a smackdown.

7. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Hey man. Naturally expectations are going to be sky high for a player that comes off the bench. ;)

8. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

I see this was your last post on this thread after the torocan smackdown. Since he mercifully didn't pile on afterward, let me add:

Just a couple of the greatest shooters in the NBA didn't average 40% career 3pt shooting. Who are some of the greatest shooters? Who comes to mind?

Larry Bird: six seasons shooting at least 40% from 3pt; but career: 37.6%

Reggie Miller: 10 seasons shooting 40% from 3pt; career: 39.5%

So way to go out on a limb. What else do you predict? That Jeremy won't win five MVP awards like MJ?

9. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

Jeremy is definitely aware of haters and fanatics alike. Didn't you see his YouTube videos? There was one that said something like no workouts sessions were missed while making this video.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Frankley, I'm not worried about the numbers. Its obvious to anyone that Jeremy has worked on his shot, the motion is more fluid and you don't have explosions like the sixers without there being something there. Frankly I'm pleased with how most of our shooters are going, Bev/Brooks/Casspi doing well, just James struggling from 3 but still a force offensively.

11. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

How bout he actually just plays and spend more time on the court during the games than in the training room or suit being injured.

So far in Lin's three year NBA career his teams have been to the playoffs twice and played a total of 10 games. Lin has managed to healthy in exactly 1 of them. and this is the powder puff area of no hand checking and quick whistles. Lin would have never it past 5 games if he tried to play in the 80s with guys like Isiah, Malone, Mchorn, and Oakley were the norm. He needs to toughen up if he wants be be in this league for much longer.

12. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

I think this is the first criticism of Lin that is legitimate and reasonable. Totally agree. He plays aggressive, but that can't be the excuse for being injured so much, especially at more meaningful times.

13. joe101

joe101 Member

The all time No. 1 3-pt percentage shooter, one Steve Kerr is not even on that list, because he was not a starter. Jeremy is not a starter so he doesn't qualify for that list either even if he shoots 50%. If you take out the starter criteria, that list will grow.

14. bws

bws Member

There is nothing reasonable about what that troll is saying. Lin played 82 games last year. All of them. And he played banged up. In the first playoffs he had knee surgery, he wasn't coming back. In the second one he had a freak injury and when he tried to play he was ineffective. That's all. He isn't soft or anything like that. In fact, after he bleeds and gets battered, he usually plays better.

15. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

16. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Hey, I have an honest question. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of trolling when u have to work so hard at it?

Maybe your doing it wrong?

17. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Player G Min FG% FT% 3P% PPG
    Jeremy Lin 23 29.7 .470 .784 .380 14.1

Regressing? Please come back to pre-injury mode early this season... :(

18. willus

willus Member

I'd be glad with 48/38/80.
    He just needs to get that scoring mentality back and he's good to go!
    The guy's got talent no doubt.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Those aren't bad numbers. I don't think he's regressing so much as coming back to reality.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

Ban the op for jinxing!!!!