1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets want two first round picks to trade Omer Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItalianRocket, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jason3333

jason3333 Member

I wonder if the knicks are going to dress up for their own funeral?

2. N/A

N/A Member

are you serious? GTFO, racist.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

How are rival GMs expecting Asik to respond to this?

They are asking too much because I suck ?

No deal on Parsons, I just don't trust Melo to stay long term, and I think I'd rather see him as a 4 than 3.

4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

jerk for throwing that term around like candy.

5. Aleron

There's a general feeling that Okafor will be bought out by Phoenix given that they traded a healthy guy for an injured guy on purpose.

So then Okafor gets to choose who he signs for, we still have our room exception (which pro rates from january), the no tax environment and that Okafor is as big a rockets homer (his favorite player? Clyde, positional model? Hakeem)as any person on this board, people expect he would sign here. He may not stay long term simply because he can probably command more on the open market than we are willing to spend, but as a stop gap.

#125 Aleron, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. basketballholic

Okafor is coming back from a serious injury to his back/neck. The chances of him being even decent this season is remote. Looks good on paper though.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well... hmm. I might be tempted if we also got Shumpert in the deal.

8. basketballholic

Acquiring picks for Asik isn't about trying to get Wiggins/Parker. It's about trying to get Love or Melo or Bosh or possibly even...Lebron.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Agreed. Getting dem assets

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Source?

11. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

2 draft pics in this draft + another player can be switched into a hi lottery pick or a superstar.

the draft pics are more important for team than asik.
    not every team needs an over payed center with not so great offensive game, or has the caps for it. but those pics are like shinning diamonds for them.

If we can get the pics and add assets for a top 10 unprotected in this draft.
    it will be a steal and a chip third star, can be added to this team.

if morey could move higher in draft night for legitimate shot on Parker or wiggens, he can add the rockets 24 pick as well.

3 pics in the firs round + a player for Parker or wiggens.
    and Houston is set for the next years.

12. Aleron

Okafor at 70% would still probably be the best backup C in the nba (if Asik ceases to be a backup). His also wasn't anywhere as bad as Dwight's (who required surgery), Okafor was in pain, Dwight couldn't feel his leg, and we'd really only be asking him to play 12-15 minutes, up to his doctors though.

13. basketballholic

Ummmm, defensively I might have a tendency to agree with you except for this injury and Okafor's age. He was on the downhill before the injury. Back/neck injuries aren't like coming back from other injuries. I would be very cautious in expecting much from Okafor when he comes back....IF he even makes it back this year.

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

No 3rd star. We don't need a 3rd star. We never needed a 3rd star. Why would we need a 3rd star?

Draft picks, and have DMo play back up center until the draft picks are ready to contribute in 2 , 3, or 4 years.

15. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

you would pass on a chance for wiggins or Parker, just to develop roll players.
    if you can add a superstar to you team, you do it without even thinking.

16. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

the asking price is not too steep... unless a better C becomes available. i'd like to see a better center on the trading block.

17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Yeah, it would hurt to lose those guys, but to add a talent like Melo? I know, there would be questions how he fit in with Harden - but if he bought in the 3 star mentality and was ready to take half a step back, we would look pretty similar to the Heat.

A starting 5 of:

Beverly
    Harden
    Melo
    TJones
    Howard

And the possibilty to go small by switching TJones and Garcia? Still having Brooks, TJones/Garcia and Casspi? Now that`s a championship team if they find out how to work together!

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What if Omer is black? Did you ever think about that?

19. Remii

Remii Member

Hawes is a better center or just as good and he isn't owed $15 million next year... With Hawes supposedly on the trade market as well it may make that asking price for Asik too high (not necessarily tho if he's trading him to a playoff team).

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It depends whose picks they are. 5 picks from Miami= 1 pick from the bobcats or any other sucky team.